Security Installer Community

Veritas Compact Problem

Guest jimsales

Guest jimsales

Hiya , I have moved in to a house which has the Veritas C alarm system, it seemed well until a few weeks ago the tamper went off as I moved a cable (6 wire one) under a floor board which came from the alarm bell box and split into a four way connector cable ......I moved the cable back and put the wires back in the connector ( I'm sure they were in the right order as I'd written them down ) .... reset the system ......but now it seems that zone 1 the front door contact appears open (red on the panel) ......any clues ......

thanks in advance

Jim

Check your wiring, as this sounds as though you have the wiring wrong.

If you have access to the inside of the panel, check the colour codes on zone 1/tamper, then check the contact and the joint.

I would also replace the connector with a property Junction box, less likely to get damaged.

Guest graale00

look on the contact, the two wires which are not connected across the middle two terminals will more than likely be yor tampers, they are usually twisted together as well, we use White/Green, but everyones different. Definately sounds like a wiring problem

maybe check for continuity on zone one using a meter

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I moved a cable (6 wire one) under a floor board which came from the alarm bell box and split into a four way connector cable

So four wires went from the panel to the bellbox?

Where did the other two go/come from?

Did you check to see if they were going to the door contact?

If they were going to the door contact (!), did you ensure that you re-created a "loop" that didn't include the two "spare" cables going out to the bellbox (probably not connected to anything, hence open circuit)?

Archived