Security Installer Community

observation systems

Guest Adrian

B) Ok need a little help please.

The system is an Northurst 4 camera observation system (with built in switcher) Model no : NT126

it has an 8 pin conection for the cameras/ powers ect...

What the customer needs is a camera put on a building across the road with a radio link (this part is no problem) The problem is how do I get the video signal into the 8 pin plug socket on the back of the monitor.

By the way they don,t have a manuel for the system or any spare leads or plugs.

Help me please!!

B) Adrian

Ive had a simillar operation running for a few years now, the customer had a Northhurst kit installed 3 internal cameras fitted and 2 external, we just switched between an internal camera and the 1 external at night so he could monitor just the front and back of the store at nightime.

Although the plug is 8 pin, there`s only 6 wires and the shielding actually connected, 2X power, 2X video, and 2X audio, all the negatives are common so only +, vid in, audio in, and a neutral are actually needed.

Its fairly easy to work out which is which, and all we did was switch the pos and neg feeds between the cam1 and cam2.

You could always get a spare lead if you mess up. :)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

B) Thanks for that.

You don,t happen to have a copy of the instructions with a wireing dieagram for this system do you?

Never seen an observation system this close before. used to multiplexers BNC's ect...

Also where could I get a spare plug. to try and patch this thing up.

I wish they would upgrade to a proper system, They just dont have the money for it. Its for a residents assosiation and they got well and truely ripped of by the guy that installed 2 systems for them.

You know the story slick talker, cheap kit and big bills. Both the videos packed up at 13 months. Thank god the ones I replaced them for have been going for the last 2 years without a hitch.

Any way your help is needed.

Adrian B)

Archived