Security Installer Community

Any aerial system guru's in the place

Sorry, Mods please feel free to move this to a more appropriate section....

Guys, if anyone can help me out i would be greatly appreciative.

Ive bought a 8 way Distribution Amp same as this: HERE

Now i know the drop cable with the combined signals needs to have a triplex faceplate to decode the 3 combined signals SAT/UHF/FM.

Now the 8 outputs to other rooms, do they need to be diplex or triplex outlet plates or can i fit a single tv output plate ???

Anyone got anything related to this subject which may come in handy, or if anyone can recommend any decent RF modulators for my DVR to input into this ?

cheers

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

You only need duplex plates for the other points in the house and thats only to distribute FM/DAB as well as TV. If you don't need FM/DAB then a single outlet is ok

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

cheers guys, already used CAI approved PH100 which is supposed to be better than ct100, backboxes are deep enough, thank god as ive already plastered them in, got the mk modules yesturday and they JUSSSSST fit... Phew

ta

PH100\CT100 etc..., all the same, just that different manufacturers use different prefixes.

For future reference, I usually fit a quad plate at the main location (something like this),with the return socket built in and a BT socket. Makes it look a bit tidier. ;)

PH100\CT100 etc..., all the same, just that different manufacturers use different prefixes.

For future reference, I usually fit a quad plate at the main location (something like this),with the return socket built in and a BT socket. Makes it look a bit tidier. ;)

used cat6 for my internal lan and comms,

MK dont do one with 5 outputs plus bt ( 2 f connectors, 1 fm, 1 UHF in and 1 UHF out) in the logic plus range so ive bought th modular face plates so i can make everything match.

cheers for all the replies guys

Did you remember to keep it 0.5m away from 230VAC cables or in metal conduit?

Yes where possible in a house, i have a 4x2 trunking going up from upstairs to the loft where the Alarm / Comms Cab, CCTV Gear is.

Most of my daily work is computers / Comms alongside the Alarms / Security

Archived