Security Installer Community

Brittania 9100????

Guest silopark

Guest silopark

Any1 heard of a Brittania 9100 alarm panel, i've had a look around the site but can't seem to see anything. I think Brittania may nave put their own name to someone eles panel.

Cheer

Tell us what it looks like, what keys it has, where they're placed, is it a steel box or a plastic one.

It may just be that it's a scantronic 9100 system, which is a steel box tall and thin, with the keypad in the top right corner or it. Keys are 0-9 with an omit and an enter button on the bottom row(i think so anyway, last one i saw i managed to blow up :wacko:)

egg03064.gif

i used to like the old scantronic 9100 - in its time it was a very reliable panel, alright it didnt have all the bells and whisles that your more modern galaxys etc have but it had 4 - 8 (or 16) zones , was easy to program, ,very easy for a customer to use. its main drawback i found was that you needed a engineer to change the code - but as one of my ex bosses said if they want it changing they can pay for it and its money on our pocket (unless of course the customer asked on a routine maint. visit

i presume you don,t need a 9100 manual do you?

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest silopark

The panel is a metal clad unit with a membrane panel to the top right of the panel, I think the membrane buttons have red borders around each button if I remember correctly. I will try get a digi photo of it.

Oh by the way the panel also has a lighting controller attached to it which is beige in colour with a switch for always on, of and automatic and also a varible slide switch to adjust the lux levels.

It is this unit or the detectors that is playing up at the moment (as well as sorting out the damaged pressure pads), when it is in the automatic mode the exterior halogens come on then go off within a couple of seconds. This carries on in a very erratic manner.

The detectors of this system are also biege in colour with a square lens with a top panel that slides off foreward to reveal the connections.

Hope someone may have some idea of what I have just described?????? :wacko:

I will get the pics sorted out over the next couple of days..

Oh by the way the panel also has a lighting controller attached to it which is beige in colour with a switch for always on, of and automatic and also a varible slide switch to adjust the lux levels.

It is this unit or the detectors that is playing up at the moment (as well as sorting out the damaged pressure pads), when it is in the automatic mode the exterior halogens come on then go off within a couple of seconds. This carries on in a very erratic manner.

The detectors of this system are also biege in colour with a square lens with a top panel that slides off foreward to reveal the connections.

i have seen and worked on a unit you describe - it could be an old guardall lightning unit - my reccomendation would be to strip it out and replace it with the GJD equivalent, but other people may be able to tell you where you can get a replacement for the existing

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Archived