Security Installer Community

a bit of self reassurance!

Guest Lorraine

Guest Lorraine

Hi everyone,

I have just bought my texecom premier alarm panel and am about to pull the old menvier system out. HOwever I have a couple of queries.

1. If I leave my ts700 in engineer mode and then disconnect both the mains and the battery will the siren go off? Its an SAB type, but don't know the manufacturer.

2. If the answer to the above is yes. is there a way to do it without the siren going off? or to shut it up? or should i just leave it and wait for the battery to go flat? I was considering the running up the ladder route but was a bit put off by horror stories of strobes and electric shocks!

I was just wondering how the pros do it, as the batteries in the sirens must come partially charged, yet they don't seem to go off when they are putting them on the wall?

thanks in advance

Lorraine

Hi lorraine,

When you ditch the 230v & batt the bell will be a ringer, Sometimes I will get up to it and silence it but on most occasions I will let in ring as Im usally running around trying to get the new panel up and running.

The bell will stop its self after the cut off time ends or if the batt is old it may not ring at all.

If its a domestic why dont you just inform your neighbours that the racket is just you upgrading, just to keep the peace. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Guest Lorraine

Hi PJF

thanks for the fast reply. I am definitely going to tell my neighbours! I thought there may be an engineer lockout or something but probably not. As I've not done this before I think I'd worry that the alarm would never shut itself up!

I have just unpacked a sensor and it doesn't tell me how to wire it. its just got terminals ABCDEF, I assume two are power, two are tamper and two are the alarm contact but can anyone shed any light to which is which?

Thanks in advance

Lorraine

Yes Lorraine you are right about what the connections will be, what make of sensor is it ?. There will be some instructions with the sensor or there should be.

Finding the tamp pair is easy enough, use a meter and hold down the tamp spring, then go across the two probally nearest it and see if it opens/closes as you release the spring, if not then try this with them all. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Archived