Security Installer Community

Installers/Engineers in central Scotland

Guest Big Del

Guest Big Del

Hi there, Are there any installers/Engineers on here that will cover the Central Scotland, and in specific Alloa area of the country?

I need a keycode Reset and a general service for my optima XM6

Thought i'd ask on here first before hitting the yellow pages as you guys have been a great help in the past

Thanks Willie, sorry i never got back to you i just have not had a minute to myself this week.

An update on my system, i have an optima XM6, no code as previous occupants never left it when they noved out.

Tonight i was wallpapering and had to take the PIR off the wall to get behind it, no problem methinks, whipped the cover off and ping i heard a wee spring and my panel started whining,

Sh!t, methinks. no code and my panel is screaming like hell. so i went to the fusebox and tripped out the alarm fuse, power light went off and panel kept blaring, so i thought, it wont take long for the battery back up to run out.

Ten minutes later the neighbours were at the door thinking i was being burgled, i didnt realise but the bellbox was activated too, couldnt hear it from inside :( .

I dont know if i done the right thing or not, but i whipped the front off the panel and pulled the battery out from the inside and this has now killed all power.

bummer was, the alarm seemed to be on the same fuse as the upstairs light switch ring so had to take the power feed from out the alarm and isolate the cables. :ranting:

The moral of the story is........never let a mechanical engineer f@nny about with your alarm :P

I will be in contact with you soon Willie :bye:

Thats no problem Del.

It looks like the panel needs to be taken back to default, new battery in panel, new battery in external bell and the system all checked.

There should be a fused spur from your mains near the panel so no neeed to take the wires out from the mains. If not then i would fit a spur in aswell.

I would be happy to come out and have a look and advise what you need to get the system back running again.

If you phone the no in my pervious post(01259733200) then susan who answers all our calls will pass the message on and i will phone you back asap.

cheers

!

Guest Big Del

:sofa1:

TBH, I thought you were both from the same company, My mistake :(

You cant please all of the people all of the time

Thanks for the replies though :yes:

Archived