Security Installer Community

Bodied cameras

Adi

Does anyone use computar or ganz products, what they like.

Also recommendation on colour, low light colour and day/nights. Going to give samsung day/nights ago.

cheers for info.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Ganz or Computar kit is usually very good kit, its nearly always a copy or rebadges version of a brand named item. The 4024 VCR is a Mistibushi in Ganz clothing the lens's are always good quality for the price and the same with the cameras.

The Computar test monitor is still by far the best available.

John Downie the rep is a personal friend and ex collegue from my Securicor days and they always give out decent freebies at IFSEC.

As for the Samsung day/nights, top piece of kit for the money.

• 4 weeks later...

Been using Ganz static internal cameras for about 3 years now... Have installed around 1000 altogether across the chain... Have had less than a handful go down in that time... They aren't that good dealing with backlight issues though... Trialling some other kit from Samsung and Baxall now... Just for entrance monitor cameras - the Baxall hasn't impressed me much so far...

For reliability - I'd recommend the Ganz without any issues at all...

Been using Ganz static internal cameras for about 3 years now... Have installed around 1000 altogether across the chain... Have had less than a handful go down in that time... They aren't that good dealing with backlight issues though... Trialling some other kit from Samsung and Baxall now... Just for entrance monitor cameras - the Baxall hasn't impressed me much so far...

For reliability - I'd recommend the Ganz without any issues at all...

Have had a "VANTAGE" 1/3" cd cam from Gardiners on test for a week now, daylight colour is good ir filter is mechanically moved when light level drops enough and night picture is good with low light level excellent has any one had any long term experience of the vantage/gardiner badged gear?.

Paul.

Ive got a vantage day night IR vandal dome on the back of my house a good picture day and night and will be better when i get round to setting it up properly looks good easy to install. Only problem is the filter sticks now and again and get no picture unless the outside light is on.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived