Security Installer Community

moving house - how to disconnect my bell box

Guest jay

Hi I hope some one can help with this.

Currently have the Accenta G3 pannel and the Ventcroft Vision bell box. I am moving house next week, a rush job thanks to the local kids terrorising the family for the past 2 years, and the Criminal Anti Social Behaviour orders haven't stopped them.

Because of this i am trying to find away of decomissiong my alarm system the night before the move - preferably without triggering the sounder/strobe as this will attract the attention of the little toe rags. Based on past experience probbly get all the windows put through that night. ( that information is so that you know i have a genuiene reason for not attracting any attention).

I have read from the engineers manual that if the alarm system is set in day mode then if the tamper circuit is tiriggered then only the internal sounder will go off. I am wondering if the system is set to engineer mode if it will still trigger on the tamper.

Is this possible or with the bell box haveing a 12v hold off is it inevitable that when i disconnect it that the sounder will trigger.

I look forward to any advice that you have.

Many thanks in advance.

Jay

Why not just leave the system as it is, leave the code written on the panel and leave it unset, that way you won't need to worry about it going off as you leave.

sorry if forgot to mention that i really wont to take the alarm system with us, as it wasnt cheap - and due to recent events not that much money after the move to get a new system installed.

Stay there, but buy a good cctv system. Then you can show the coppers the video to enforce the ASBO.

Or, take the rest of the system with you, just buy a new bell box at the new house ?

That's if you're not a robber yourself.

Hi Jay, right there isn't a way to remove it without setting it off, it'll go off as soon as remove the lid on the bell, now then you seem like a guy with reasonable intellegence so have a tink of how to stop the ting going off when the lids off, and then how to fix it when it's back together... I'm sure after about 30 seconds it will hit you full pelt! Otherwise I'd suggest leaving the bell up there, remove all the detectors, put your code in after the 1st lid comes off, leave removing the panel till your about to walk out the door never to be seen again, wip the lid off, down power it take it off the wall and give the little beggers 20 mins of noise polloution as punishment for making your life hell... £30 new bellbox and everyones happy!... Told you I'd help!

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Stay there, but buy a good cctv system. Then you can show the coppers the video to enforce the ASBO.

Or, take the rest of the system with you, just buy a new bell box at the new house ?

That's if you're not a robber yourself.

FYI

I have a custome installed installed a digital cctv covering the perimiter of the property, this footage had been used many times in court to get the CRASBO against these yobs, but it is very hard to prove identity when they have learent to wear their hoodies up. but still got lots and lots of useable footage cause they cant judge camera angles and put their hoods up when they are centre screen lol.

Thanks for all the advice so far

Regards Jay

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jay, right there isn't a way to remove it without setting it off, it'll go off as soon as remove the lid on the bell, now then you seem like a guy with reasonable intellegence so have a tink of how to stop the ting going off when the lids off, and then how to fix it when it's back together... I'm sure after about 30 seconds it will hit you full pelt! Otherwise I'd suggest leaving the bell up there, remove all the detectors, put your code in after the 1st lid comes off, leave removing the panel till your about to walk out the door never to be seen again, wip the lid off, down power it take it off the wall and give the little beggers 20 mins of noise polloution as punishment for making your life hell... £30 new bellbox and everyones happy!... Told you I'd help!

Yep it should be pretty easy if you know what to look for inside, rather get an installer to do it for you, they have had the training..

Archived