Security Installer Community

Reccommend some nice snazy pir's

jizzer

Hi,

Bored with my texecom reflex passives fancy a change although they are reliable ,except the so called pet wise which is not so wise as my dog triggers it everytime and is well under the weight limit.

I have seen some, cant remember where with a blue led, probably would like something more slimline all corner wall mount and just one pet friendly one required ..oh and a dual tech for the garage...oh and while i'm at it which is best dialler menvier SD2 or texecom /speech/text

Do yer best .

Put the kettle on I'll come round and fit it all as well. :rolleyes:

I think the answer to the pet problem will be a pretty much unanymous 'shoot the dog'. I'm guessing you don't want to do that? Does the dog have free reign of the house when the system is set?

The blue LED one's would probably be the Pyronix. I would use the Texecom Prestige myself, used quite a few and not had any problems, look tidy too (don't know about snazzy though, they haven't got any chrome bits).

SD2 on the dialler as well while we're at it.

Texecom prestige luv em but not in a kinky way. Blue led will be pyronix but i think there to big for domestic, i think bosch do a blue led one. A bosch DS820 works a treat as a pet det. but look **** but does what is says on box. ive used texecom speech like it not used any others so cant say.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Yeah could shoot the dog but wife would then shoot me !!!!! No the dog at night only sleeps in the kitchen this is where i fitted pet wise but got fed up with it triggering so its now ommited.Might have a look at the texecom you suggested I have seen them somewhere time to trawl the net.

I try to play around with pet dets. Adi is right about the DS 820s . I have fitted all versions of texecom petwise and they all false alarmed. I usually use Rokonet i wise and i have had no problems with them.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

If the kitchen is the only are you have the dog then I would be inclined to ditch (or fit, but program as spare) the PIR and use shock\glass break detectors.

Archived