Security Installer Community

Direct connection Radionics RAM II to 7212 Panel

Guest BC4229

Guest BC4229

Hi,

I am interested in programming a Radionics 7212 panel using their RAM II software. I understand it is possible to direct connect the panel's phone connection to the computer's modem using a cable, 1k ohm resistor, and a 9V battery. Does anyone have the schematic for this connection?

Thanks.

• 9 months later...
Guest radxguy

I don't recall exactly how this is done off the top of my head but I know that if you use the securcomm (or starcomm) modem sold by radionics/bosch, it doesn't look for dial tone at all so the resistor and battery is not needed. If this is not the modem you need, send an email to security.support@us.bosch.com and when I'm there on Monday, I'll send you the document that shows how to use a 9v battery to simulate a phone line.

Hi,

I am interested in programming a Radionics 7212 panel using their RAM II software. I understand it is possible to direct connect the panel's phone connection to the computer's modem using a cable, 1k ohm resistor, and a 9V battery. Does anyone have the schematic for this connection?

Thanks.

Google is your friend - "simulate a phone line" - 5.5million hits plus

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived