Security Installer Community

Below freezing

Guest trevor1010uk

Guest trevor1010uk

I have a feeling that I am posting this in the wrong area. But as I am in a confused state here goes anyway :blink:

I have an Optima XM6 inherited from a previous owner. It has started to set the alarm sounding everytime the outside temperature drops below freezing. This happens even when the alarm has not been set.

With winter coming on and temperatures dropping I am beggining to worry, has anyone got a solution please?

Thanks in advance

Trevor

I doubt anything is wrong with the panel, its probably a bellbox tamper fault. Perhaps water is getting inside and affecting the bellbox tamper circuit somehow.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest trevor1010uk
Hi Trevor

I agree with Dave its prob tamper, what lights are on when it activates?

And does it sound outside as well as inside?

Pete :)

Thank you both for your posts, the alarm is only sounding outside. The tamper light shows on the box. If it is water in the box is it just a matter of mopping it up or is it going to be more complicated.

Trevor

Not Quite, sounds like it could either be corroded cables or the tamper switch.

Either way, if your gonna be keeping your existing bellbox its gonna be best to redo all the bellbox connections and fit a new tamper switch, and then try to weatherproof it all so it doesnt happen again in a few months.

But i`d suggest a new bellbox mate, once one starts playing up they tend to want attention on a regular basis.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived