Security Installer Community

What's the worst installation you've seen

Guest Deryck Tintagel

Want to know a worst install called at a customers premist she told me she just had an alarm fitted from a company called NSIN

5583[/snapback]

Nationwide Security Installation Network? Alot of people have those around here (I can think of about 12 at least in a small neighbouring estate. They get their business by pushing leaflets through doors. We had one a few years ago), my aunt being one of them. I can remember the lounge PIR being half way down the wall, with the cable stapled all the way up to the ceiling! Why?! The kitchen PIR was also above the cooker, pointing towards a very sunny window. In short, stay away from 'em.

Trade Member

There Is also a rather large company who is NACOSS approved near to me, and I went to see my friends new house yesterday to give him a lift in with a new couch - so as you do I checked the security alarm out.

I couldnt believe the shoddy workmanship! - cables stapled from floor to ceiling PIR around door frames (visible parts at the side!)

Why O -Why didnt they use drop feeds from above to a nice neat PIR in the top corners I'll Never know!

Well I'll be watching out for them now LOL

• 6 months later...
Guest G.J.M

I was helping out the security side at at national Autistic School.

It had CCTV and Access fited by a big company from Glasgow.

Relays not din rail mounted but in plastic bags, to prevent shorts against metal housings.

The installers used(honest truth and witnessed) a tow rope and car to pull very tight cables through ducting.

They sold the customer on that they were watching the premises 24hrs by cctv linked back to their HQ.We found this out to be total bull.

Joint boxes under paving slabs.

:whistle:

We went to look at security lighting installed by 'not old' alarms! 4-core alarm cable carrying 240vac! :no:

Also seen the same companys system in a co-op, obviously had a panel change and above the endstation was strips of connector blocks for what i can only imagine was to extend the cables!??

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

You have just reminded me of a customers house where I spotted the bell transformer for the house wired in BELL WIRE to the mains plug (240VAC side).

Guest G.J.M

i,m going to look out some cracking photo's i have got.

post on here soon.

edit-they don't show any indication of installing company,just in case.

Had a call-out to a customer recently who INSISTED that we had installed her system (but we couldn't find her on Alarm Master AT ALL). When I got there, it was a panel we had never fitted, with a sticker with our logo on it? The SAB was unmarked. I figured - well, I am here now so...

Problem - frequent false activations. Opened the panel (caused tamper), and was amazed to see only two wire pairs going into the panel - one to 12V, and one to Zone 1. I counted 6 PIRs and 42 Mag contacts (every door and window...). I have to admit that I took a cursory look, then walked away.

Turned out in the end that the system was actually installed by her husband.

Archived