Security Installer Community

Vision Systems

Guest dale

Hi guys,

A customer of mine has a Vision Systems VC16DLe digital video system. The system is using version 3.24 of the operating software but every so often the picture on all the cameras goes snowy. I have read the manual and can't find any reference for why it should be doing this, I have checked all the connectors, and the system is mains filtered, so im at a loss as to what it could possibly be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and would save me ringing Norbain for support.

Thanks

Dale

Sounds like someone nearby is using a Welder, we have a customer with the same fault and his picture goes snowy evertime the factory across the road descides to weld something. Weve tried all sorts of mains suppressors but these have no effect, we think the camera cabling/coax is picking up the interferance. All your CCTV equipment is probably fine, its interferance picked up by the camera cabling thats causing the problem. Grounding the camera`s and using top quality low loss cable will help but cant be guaranteed to completaly solve the problem.

How frequently do the camera`s go snowy..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

At first not very often, but of late its nearly all the time. There is a bacon factory near the site, so I may go and check the cameras when the factory is closed. Although this shouldnt make the picture go snowy on all the cameras at once should it?

I have noticed that it is much more apparent on the outdoor cameras than the internal ones.

Dale

It definatly sounds like airbourne electrical interferance, and the fact its showing on all cameras sorta proves its not the cameras or equipment at fault. It may be that only 1 camera is receiving the interferance but because they are all sharing a common ground its being displayed on all off them.

All they all mains powered or sharing the same DC power supply..?

I will take a look on Saturday and see if I can fix em. It could be the noise from the new air con system, cause these are pretty hungry beasts!

Thanks everyone

D

Air Con systems dont normally generate much interferance, especially new ones.

I`d look else where for a cause, but no harm in rulling out the air con first being as its onsite.

Archived