Security Installer Community

Bloody Neighbour....

Guest daddyo

Now I'm a pretty diplomatic person, always try and get on with everyone but this guy about 5 doors down comes to me today complaining that my alarm has been going off.

I've had this installation for 4 years and it's been perfect and well maintained(I did it..it has to be ;)). I told him that a tamper alarm would have come up with on the panel and the sounder strobe would have carried on flashing until I reset the alarm if that were the case. He claimed that it was definitely not from the houses to the left or right of me so had to be mine. His wife was even worse. Anyway, turns out it was another house alarm a few doors down and it was going off today as well. I went straight over and told his father, politely, "Can you hear that..it's the house further down the road". He then realised his mistake and said he'd tell his son.

Silly sod couldn't even be bothered to check which house's alarm was actually going off and just accused me. He's a miserable git anyway, all the other neighbours have introduced themselves since I've been there but today was the first time he'd even uttered a word to me and that was only to complain.

Sorry, it seems a trivial matter, I'm sure, but just wanted to get it off my chest. As soon as he complained my brain went into overdrive thinking about what could be wrong with the installation and what I should inspect.

Now I'm a pretty diplomatic person, always try and get on with everyone but this guy about 5 doors down comes to me today complaining that my alarm has been going off.

I've had this installation for 4 years and it's been perfect and well maintained(I did it..it has to be ;)). I told him that a tamper alarm would have come up with on the panel and the sounder strobe would have carried on flashing until I reset the alarm if that were the case. He claimed that it was definitely not from the houses to the left or right of me so had to be mine. His wife was even worse. Anyway, turns out it was another house alarm a few doors down and it was going off today as well. I went straight over and told his father, politely, "Can you hear that..it's the house further down the road". He then realised his mistake and said he'd tell his son.

Silly sod couldn't even be bothered to check which house's alarm was actually going off and just accused me. He's a miserable git anyway, all the other neighbours have introduced themselves since I've been there but today was the first time he'd even uttered a word to me and that was only to complain.

Sorry, it seems a trivial matter, I'm sure, but just wanted to get it off my chest. As soon as he complained my brain went into overdrive thinking about what could be wrong with the installation and what I should inspect.

69658[/snapback]

just knock him out... :whistle:

69658[/snapback]

Seems to me he got it wrong. But at least he confronted you. Now this to me is the perfect opertunity to make aquaintence. On another matter the whole noise polution issue is under legal revue. This will likely force all bells systems to register keyholders with their local council (already a requirement not enforced) and alarm systems are likely to be favoured with preffered monitored systems with external signage.

Jef

Jef

Customers!

This will likely force all bells systems to register keyholders with their local council (already a requirement not enforced).

Not in Leicester, the lady on the phone didnt know what i was going on about and after speaking to someone she said they currently have no system to log keyholders on, hopefully should change soon.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I don't want to make any kind of acquaintance with this idiot. I was extremely polite to him but his whole attitude stank and his wife was really rude. If he has the decency to apologise the next time I see him I might change my view.

I think I'll pass on knocking him out or setting his car alarm off. ;) Live and let live and all that.

Anyway, the house alarm going off was being attended to by an engineer. No idea if he fixed it or not but I'll soon find out.

On the subject of //.B.W.F.// neighbours.

The guy above me has puked on the comunal path twice now and both times left it.

Had a party until 4am on a Sunday and cracked the ceiling in my living room becuase they were all jumping about like feck.

Washing machine on at 4am but mostly after 10pm.Had to go to his door again.

He got a new bed so threw the old one over the stairhead and at my back door.

I had a 4K mountain bike in shed but he kept leaving padlock off becuase he could not be arsed carrying a key when he got his bike out.

Used to leave all his rubbish at the back of my house.

Blasted out Shenia Twain at 6am before starting work. :fear: (sad)

etc etc

and gues what? He is a Rozzer.

Guest Cerberus NI
On the subject of //.B.W.F.// neighbours.

The guy above me has puked on the comunal path twice now and both times left it.

Had a party until 4am on a Sunday and cracked the ceiling in my living room becuase they were all jumping about like feck.

Washing machine on at 4am but mostly after 10pm.Had to go to his door again.

He got a new bed so threw the old one over the stairhead and at my back door.

I had a 4K mountain bike in shed but he kept leaving padlock off becuase he could not be arsed carrying a key when he got his bike out.

Used to leave all his rubbish at the back of my house.

Blasted out Shenia Twain at 6am before starting work. :fear: (sad)

etc etc

and gues what?  He is a Rozzer.

69805[/snapback]

Bet that Don't Impress You much!! :P

Archived