Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24 TAMPER Issue

Guest aileinomuireasain

Guest aileinomuireasain

I have a Premier 24 Panel, 5 Pyronix ME 12s P.I.Rs, 2 Texecom Prestige DTs (Dual Techs) and an Intellisense FG1008 Glassbreak sensor with reed switch. I have connected everything only to find that all 8 zones are showing up on the keypads as 'TAMPER.' On the panel I have simply connected the 8 yellow and 8 blue wires from all 8 security devices into the auxillary tamper loop (I even tried the 'global system tamper' with terminal blocks)

Its hard to help you solve this with giving too much info out on a public forum (which we shouldn't do). First steps are to check your connections are right and check continuity of the individual tamper loops with a multimeter. If i remember correctly the Premier panels dont have tampers terminals for individual zones, so it 'might' not be the sensors that are the problem. Though dont holdme to this 1 as i have only worked on the Premier International series and they have their differences.

Good Luck mate

Trade Member

Guest roonster

If the panel needs to be connected using a global tamper as the guy above suggests, then 1stly you need to take out all those wires youve jammed into the two single tamper terminals.

Re-connect using the connector block method/ global tamper. I posted a diagram of how its done somewhere on the forum.

Does the texecom premier share the zone terminals btw?

Guest aileinomuireasain

I've actually managed to find this post.............woohoo!

Yeah...I've tried global system tamper i.e. terminal blocks going b, yb, yb, yb, yb, yb, yb, yb, y with the first and last wires connecting into the tamper loop but this still reads that all 8 zones are TAMPER. If I only connect up the tamper for say zone 1, it still shows TAMPER FOR ALL 8 ZONES!! I really am lost......it's not box/lid tamper; everything is wired correctly.......I'm still lost.

There is shared power for all 8 zones, but each zone has it's own loop.

Guest roonster

where is your last wire going into?

Does your last wire (yellow in your case) go in the middle of the 3 blocks? Or is it on the last block.

If you have it on the last block you will get a tamper fault all over until you correct this.

With the greatest respect, i think you are in way over your head, i would advise calling an engineer to solve the problem, as clearly it isnt something that can be solved easily by yourself

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Agreed with the above. I think we'd be doing more harm than good trying to solve this one here. The manual is more than sufficient at explaining exactly how all this works.

Click on the installers link on the top of the page, someone may be able to come and sort this fault out for you and properly commission the system.

Guest aileinomuireasain

Ok....I added a resistor into each of the zone loops and hey presto, the zones are showing as secure............but only zones 2,4,6 and 8 are secure???!!! :ranting: Why the even numbers only? Am I missing something? Do you guys think 1,3,5 and 7 require the other type of resistor? 16 came with the panel! I have installed the veritas r8 panels and aritech cs350s before without the use of poxy resistors!

Alan

Ok....I added a resistor into each of the zone loops and hey presto, the zones are showing as secure............

69163[/snapback]

So basically you're randomly inserting thiings here and there as you have no idea what to do or why and the answers people are giving you aren't making sense.

but only zones 2,4,6 and 8 are secure???!!! :ranting:  Why the even numbers only?  Am I missing something? 

69163[/snapback]

Yes, the required skills to install this intruder alarm panel correctly.

Do you guys think 1,3,5 and 7 require the other type of resistor?  16 came with the panel! 

69163[/snapback]

No, that's not the reason.

I have installed the veritas r8 panels and aritech cs350s before without the use of poxy resistors!

69163[/snapback]

I refer you to my previous post. This panel is obviously beyond your capabilities and you seek some assistance from someone who does know how to install the panel correctly.

As I said before, all this is explained in the installation manual. The fact that you are here asking these rather simple questions tells me that you either can't be bothered to read the book or you read it and don't understand it. Either way, you still shouldn't have your head inside an alarm panel IMO.

Archived