Security Installer Community

Evening All

Guest graale00

Guest graale00

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd say hi, i'm new to the forums and I'm a shiny new apprentice at Initial.

Really enjoying the job at the moment, love getting hands on... can't stand building sites though :realmad: !!!

You will hear from me a fair bit with questions and queries and pleading for your help when my old man makes me fit his alarm and I can't stop it going off or summit stupid!!

Anyway thanks for making me welcome and the quick responses on my first question about Global Tampers etc.

cheers All!

Alex

Guest Peter James

Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum,nice to see young chaps joining the industry. Do a few posts then apply for trade, for all the help you will ever need and more.

Peter

Welcome, whats wrong with building sites then, i spend 90% of my time on them, once you get used to them you'll find they're good to work at, especially if theres some good guys down there, and all the grief everyone gives us about, stringing washing line all over the place soon become water off a ducks back :yes:

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum mate.

As Pete says, try to get some posts up and then apply for trade membership.

There's dozens of eng's in there who can give you advice and help on most bits of kit that are on the market. (as well as a few that should be in museums :unsure: )

As you may have noticed, The discussion of certain parts of our industry has to be kept confidential because of the nature of our business. so trade is where you need to be if you want to gain maximum benefit from being a member :yes:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

welcome to the pleasuredome.....in xanadu did kubla khan errrrupt :ninja:

Bri

trade.gif

Guest MSI New York

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the industry.

I too hates sites when i first started out, but it only took a little while to see the advantages.

1) You can smoke on the job (unless the plumber is hooking up the gas mains or whatever).

2) You can walk in on a rainy day without some homeowner shrieking at you to take your boots off or yelling about you dripping everywhere.

3) You can goof off a lot easier when you think the homeowner is not watching you every second (staple gun fights, speed snaking competitions, sneaking up on the electrician and yelling "boo", etc.)

4) You can turn the radio up a lot louder (I work faster when I listen to music, but it has to be really louder otherwise it doesn't work).

And remember: as a "schlepper", you will endure horrific abuses such as was never inflicted on POWs in Japanese prison camps in World War Two. Don't ay anything, just endure it and abuse the hell out of apprentices for the rest of your career. It'll be short anyway- unless you're a total moron or you set the trcuk on fire or you molest the homeowner's kitten or make yourself hated in some other way the other technicians will be too greatful for the help to make you too miserable for very long.

Archived