Security Installer Community

digi boxes

Guest schleyalarms

Guest schleyalarms

:Di have recently started an alarm course and i am very interested in supplying any customers with a wide choice of options and of course any extra work that i can get !

can someone please tell me if a digi can be installed by me a qualified installer??

Pete,

Just becuase your approved doesnt mean to say the police will respond. It just means they are more likely to respond if they arent dealing with other things.

Since the introduction of DD243 the police have always responded to our customers confirmed activations. And even a few un-confirmed ones, and i agree with Pete about the response times being much quicker, but your right in stating "Dale" that police response is never guaranteed. Its prioritized, if something more urgent crops up they have to deal with that first.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest andy jinks
i have recently started an alarm course and i am very interested in supplying any customers with a wide choice of options and of course any extra work that i can get !

can someone please tell me if a digi can be installed by me a qualified installer??

.....walk before you can run m8

Guest schleyalarms

:o thanks everone for the reply,

can anyone tell me from the basics to the technical how these work what they do ,and when they do it

what you actually want it to do and what can go wrong ,

if you have one and what are the standards involved in the install .

are they complicated or are they easy once you know how .....

cheers,,,,

Sorry Schley Alarms, but im sure you can appreciate their are certain things we cannot do on this PUBLIC forum, describing how a Digicom or any other form of Monitoring works is one of those things best not described in too much detail.

You will need to be an APCO approved installer before you can venture into Alarm Monitoring, so consider getting approved before even thinking about monitoring.

The Basics are simple enough, the digicom is connected to a phone line and also the DD243 compliant control equipment, what is actually signalled is dependant upon the customers requirements, but basically its when the alarm is set/unset, and intruder & confirmed activation if the alarm is triggered.

The install standards are BS4737 and DD243, with EN50131 soon to be implemented. And yeah the standards are getting quite complicated.

Hope this helps, and sorry but this is a s much information as im prepared to divulge.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived