Security Installer Community

Starting Up on Your Own

Guest LED

Hi everyone

I wonder if any expert can suggest how I start up self employed. I do have some knowlege on how to install and service, but I don't have any governing boddy behind me. I used to be a electronic engineer.

I would like to do to earn some extra cash at weekends and days of work.

Any help would be most welcomed as I am very interested in this field of work.

People that are self employed engineers in security will usually have served a good few years as an engineer for an established company. While your electronics knowledge would make you an ideal engineer, you will need the experience.

I once worked for a company that took on an engineer due to his electronics degree and a load of other theory knowledge he had gained, unfortunately for him he could just about use a screwdriver in practice.

If your serious, try and find a local security company that will take you on as basically an engineers mate one day a week if you can, but dont expect to be paid too much as its the experience you will want.

As an offspin but sort of inline what are we expecting to pay are trainees these days, or what rates should they be expecting.... Lad who works for me was offered £45/week less than what I'm payng him by another firm who I used to work for!!

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived