Security Installer Community

Scanni 9100 upgrade

secboy

I'll assume you've done all the usual checks and tested for shorts, unplugged all the wiring and bat, nvm reset and so on. it

The 9100 is bullet proof and suffers from very few faults in normal circumstances. Has the keypad developed circle syndrome (when you can see the circular contacts in relief against the button printing) yet?

Regards

Bellman

67277[/snapback]

I agree Bellman the 9100 was built like a Churchill tank and just goes on and on fantastic bit of kit which after moderns traffic light panel and the "aluminium" panel i cut my teeth on! anyone remember the moderns traffic light panel? key operated with a row of verticle lights push all the buttons one by one to make the circuit set then run out of the exit door fast,each circuit modual was wired through one by one(oh my god memories flood back)all wiring was in single core cable that snapped just by removing the lid????.

One of my 1st call outs was to reset the police disk? no not a cd disc a record player with a recorded message which dialed 999 and played the message to the police from a 45 record,you had to visit site and return the needle arm to the rest????, but I,m getting off the subject now I have done usual checks but its freaked out completely and had to kill the whole system, does any one know a national outlet to get hold of a brass or chrome plate for friday?????Paul.

One of my 1st call outs was to reset the police disk? no not a cd disc a record player with a recorded message which dialed 999 and played the message to the police from a 45 record,you had to visit site and return the needle arm to the rest????, but I,m getting off the subject now I have done usual checks but its freaked out completely and had to kill the whole system, does any one know a national outlet to get hold of a brass or chrome plate for friday?????Paul.

67322[/snapback]

A record??

Exactly how old are you then??

:P

I agree Bellman the 9100 was built like a Churchill tank and just goes on and on fantastic bit of kit which after moderns traffic light panel and the "aluminium" panel i cut my teeth on! anyone remember the moderns traffic light panel? key operated with a row of verticle lights push all the buttons one by one to make the circuit set then run out of the exit door fast,each circuit modual was wired through one by one(oh my god memories flood back)all wiring was in single core cable that snapped just by removing the lid????.

Series 80 with the tubular keyswitch on it?

If so still look after one that was installed in '82 and is still going strong, it's had batteries and a few door contacts but apart from that it runs like a dream.

One of my 1st call outs was to reset the police disk? no not a cd disc a record player with a recorded message which dialed 999 and played the message to the police from a 45 record,you had to visit site and return the needle arm to the rest????

67322[/snapback]

I'm not that old :ninja:

But I do remember the 8 track tapes that did the same thing. :whistle:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

May I just say that i am not old just "mature and experienced"?????????????

YES Bellman that was the later one with a beige colour I remember them well but the one I was thinking of was the 74 panel which of course came out in 1974 and before some one else says it I suspect was well before some of you guys were born I however was just about to start my electrical engineering apprenticeship with Paxmans of Colchester,essex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How time flies when your having fun guys? :P Paul.

[This reply is very light hearted as a joke just in case any one thinks im offended i am definately not just having a laugh :yes: ]

Archived