Security Installer Community

Wireless

bellman

Have you fitted wireless and how reliable was it.  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Have you fitted wireless and how reliable was it.

• fitted it and was happy with no problems.
    • Fitted it but had the occasional problem.
    • fitted it and had excessive problems.
    • fitted it had problems, removed it and installed wired.

Agreed, but as the nature of a wire free system it is designed to controlled via the remote key fob which in my own personal view is a lot customer friendly then using a keypad.

Using a keyfob distances the user from the actions of the system therefore the user is less likely to know what is happening beyond the use of the fob

As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?

Guest anguscanplay
if you want percentages then its 100%, I have never had a problem as the system I use can have upto 16 repeaters installed there will never be a site unsuitable.

so you dont log the values when you commision then (you do know what i`m talking about - dont you?)

Guest anguscanplay
I disagree, having the chirp function enabled will give an audio confirmation of the system being set / unset i do not know of a wired system that had this function?

anything with a set output and a risco bellbox (since oh years) would give an audible chirp on setting

what grade are you specifying the visonic to ?

so you dont log the values when you commision then (you do know what i`m talking about - dont you?)

I have to disagree with you the panel i use does not have a Received Signal Strength Indicator appart from what i said in the last reply to your question

Guest anguscanplay
I have to disagree with you the panel i use does not have a Received Signal Strength Indicator appart from what i said in the last reply to your question

right - so you cant use it and certify the install and you recommend it because ?

just remind me

Archived