Security Installer Community

32 way DVR

camstop

Thanks for that compost and maybe they just need a bit more time to get them right !?!? :unsure:

I was hoping the 32way in the latest LJD may have been the answer but they don't know when they will be ready and i haven't had much experience with LJD yet although i do like the look of their "camerask-p400" Day/Night IR camera :yes:

i appreciate the help guys thumb.gif

i haven't had much experience with LJD yet

66195[/snapback]

Lucky you. Personally, I will do all I can to avoid LJD like something I really really want to avoid. Some of their products are OKish but their service is absolutely appalling and their technical knowledge is, well, lacking! Basically, they're box shifters, but they still can't even do that right.

Out of the list of possibles, I'd probably be leaning towards the DM.

Lucky you. Personally, I will do all I can to avoid LJD like something I really really want to avoid. Some of their products are OKish but their service is absolutely appalling and their technical knowledge is, well, lacking! Basically, they're box shifters, but they still can't even do that right.

Out of the list of possibles, I'd probably be leaning towards the DM.

66198[/snapback]

I must admit that my initial contact with them was a tad disappointing to say the least :whistle: but seen that some on here thought they were ok.

I asked the sales guy about the 32 way DVR in the book and he said that wasn't ready yet but they have the old one still :rolleyes: and as soon as i ask anything about it he puts me onto the tech guy who says they have never had a 32 way DVR yet and the one in the book probably wont be ready for weeks if not months and he knows nothing about it at all and the cameras i enquired about weren't in till next week

banghead

I like "Dynamic CCTV" for my budget stuff, are there any others any of you recommend that are worth a try?

You can't beat the big suppliers for service though thumb.gif

I like "Dynamic CCTV" for my budget stuff, are there any others any of you recommend that are worth a try?

66203[/snapback]

Dynamic seems to be the main one here, COP are also worth a look, maybe. I've dropped LJD from my list of suppliers in favour of COP, most of the run of the mill budget stuff is available in both places so I just go for the service. ;)

Yup i've tried one of the "cop" DVR's too which i take it is the same as is on the last "Dynamic" flier :whistle:

I didn't enjoy installing it mind and preferred the "hunt" or Dynamics own ones better :yes:

Thanks Nova and all and i will be taking your advice on LJD thumb.gif

So What do you think of the idea of using 2 Dynamic DVR's on this job? confused.gif

It depends on the site, but if it is a big site and a high vauled customer with a change of repeat work then i would go for DM as previous members have stated, although we do use the Hunt stuff which i have to say beats LJD, Dynamic, COP but only you know your customer and what the site would require as for recording speeds.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Thanks Nova

It's great to hear others opinions on the DVR market and i'll take this all on board thumb.gif

I have a fax from Gardiner Securitys on the DM ECO units, are these good units or will i look further up the range?

I remember with the old mux although they lowered the price and called it sprite they still had most of the features of the more expensive models!

Perhaps time i was looking at the DM site myself :whistle:

Thanks guys wave.gif

Dynamics kit is spot on generally, however to say Hunt kit is better is a bit misleading as its the same stuff. Cop V Dynamic is the same for the smaller units although the 16 way is diiferent i believe. I just dont like LJD so we'll leave that there.

As for linking 2 Dynamic units together, my advice would be to speak to Paul @ Dynamic, im sure he can give you the answers we cant about the kit.

Dynamic have dropped Videoswitch kit so you will have to go direct for advice there, i agree though that they aint as competitive as they were now. Good kit though still.

DM's units are pretty much as good as it gets average commercially available DVR's, they are expensive though and apt to break easy in my experience. They dont like being switched off at the mains, though i believe theyre alot better now. The ECO's are something ive never used but i cant believe they aint good value.

Ganz have some good DVR's also again ive never used the but they get good reports from what i hear, mind so did the Dowshu DVR's till today :whistle:, glad Hamish didnt chase up the info i asked for now.

Anyway thats my opinions after a long day fishing. ;)

Archived