Security Installer Community

BT Revelation

TSS

Have just acquired the bt revelation 1+6, and was promised the engineer manual before sale...

Sadly has been delivered without!!!

Can anyone help me by providing an eng manual for this? (to a lowly intruder/access/cctv engineer)

or help & advice so I dont inadvertently blow it up!!! I have the owner's handbook already.

How do you connect an electric door release? is it the terms marked DS? or does it need an expansion card?

I assume that L1 means line 1 incoming and PF1 is powerfail?

What is CN5 for (the only screw term connector on the board)?

can you still acquire the voicemail module?

all help much appreciated...

TSS

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Can anyone help me by providing an eng manual for this? (to a lowly intruder/access/cctv engineer)
I only have the Install Manual on paper, there was no PDF versions, but I can answer any questions and help you with any of the engineering codes if you need mate. If you go to the downloads section of my website, you can get a PDF of the System owners manual, its a copy we put together a few years back for a few of our customers, but it sounds like you have a copy of that already. There are two programmign accesses - System Admin as per the handbook and Engineer Access for Line/Toll setting etc. Drop me a PM if you need any of the engineering codes sent and feel free to post any questions
How do you connect an electric door release? is it the terms marked DS? or does it need an expansion card?

Only ever done a few some time ago, the BT Revelation had its own Door Intercom unit etc - this connected via 2-wire to Extn 23, a 3-way jumper link is associated with this extension - for a door phone set between pins 2 and 3 (toward the MDF area - away from the CCU). From the manual now - the Doorstrike port provdes a closed relay contact, run a 2-wire connection from the Doorstrike (yes DS) IDC (krone terminals) to the Junction box etc for connection to the door lock. There are also some programming steps in engineering access.

I assume that L1 means line 1 incoming and PF1 is powerfail?
Yes L1 is Line 1 and PF1 is Powerfail Port 1, the first 2 lines have a separate powerfail connection, if expanded Line 3 is connected on powerfail to Extn 28 and Line 4 to Extn 31.
What is CN5 for (the only screw term connector on the board)?

Functional Earth as far as I remember, very rarely used, think occasionally BT used to link all the expansion cards up to it and then run it to the NTTP - there the earth link used to stop !

can you still acquire the voicemail module?

Yes you can get it from a few suppliers, anything from £35 up to £80 - I think I have a few in stock - but can suggest a cheap supplier if you need one. Its not actually voicemail, just a voice module - allows the system to have a central answering machine, customised courtesy service (queuing message) and Voice DISA announcement (diall 20 for the operator, 21 for the dog etc etc).

Note that the BT Revelation is available as a Mark 1 or Mark 2, the mark 2 has a number of minor improvements including support for caller display (you can tell if its a Mark 2 as normally has a CDS label on the MDF area or post the date (as per label at bottom-left of unit). As a 1+6 the system is a little restricted, you need the 1+0 expansion card to have the internal Music on Hold and Central bell features and any further expansion.

All system programming is performed from Extn 20 (by default) from a BT revelation Systemphone.

regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Thanks simon

I'll unpack, install and then post the next set of q's!

Very much obilged for your help

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

• 2 years later...

Archived