Security Installer Community

Avtech 9 Channel DVR

Guest spark

Can anyone help?

I have just purchased a 9 channel avtech dvr and USB2 reader, from a well known national security supplier. However after completing the purchase it has come to light that the reader is not compatible with the caddy system used in the dvr. When asked why they did not supply a compatiblr reader, they replied because it failed their QA. Therefore the supplier is suppling a caddy system dvr but refuses to supply the USB reader. Can anyone help me or suggest where I can obtain a compatible reader?

Many thanks

Hi, the avtech dvr does not use a file allocation system that can be read by a PC, in other words no USB reader will work with the avtech dvr.

To backup you will have to use vcr.

Avtech do make a network adaptor for the dvr and this will let you playback recordings remotely but becasue the unit is not triplex it will mean that recording will stop while you playback.

Send it back and get one the same spec for less money if it was was from 'G'

65027[/snapback]

Thanks Nova, it was from 'G' however their only compatible dvr is an additional £1,100. any other help would be appreciated.

Can anyone help?

I have just purchased a 9 channel avtech dvr and USB2 reader, from a well known national security supplier. However after completing the purchase it has come to light that the reader is not compatible with the caddy system used in the dvr. When asked why they did not supply a compatiblr reader, they replied because it failed their QA. Therefore the supplier is suppling a caddy system dvr but refuses to supply the USB reader. Can anyone help me or suggest where I can obtain a compatible reader?

Many thanks

64963[/snapback]

IF (and i mean IF) you have purchased avtech recorder it was the most stupid act you have ever made. I bought and installed one and one week later i had to install something else because the avtech is so plucking **** that even VCR is 1000000 times better..

i don't know what supplier you mean but _anyone_ supplying that kind of S H I T as avtech (regardless the price) should be hanged from his ball's first then tortures as many ways as human kind can imagine!! :realmad:

I agree the AVTECH is very basic no dont, but if we are honest a 960 hour time lapse video and 4 camera multiplexer are not as good as the AVTECH. Surely all the technical people and buyers at the big companies that buy AVTECH cant be that wrong can they?

Maybe i over reacted a bit :whistle: but i really feel sick when i see avtech products :realmad:

and yes "Surely all the technical people and buyers at the big companies that buy AVTECH cant be that wrong can they?" they can :yes:

Archived