Security Installer Community

External alarm box problems

Guest wesley

I am presently installing a house alarm. The internal control panel technical manual gives wiring diagrams for the connection of sensor circuits, keypad, internal sounder and external sounder & strobe box to the control panel. The problem is the external sounder & strobe box wiring diagrams doesn't match up, there's 5 terminals in the sounder and 6 terminals in the control panel.

The external alarm box has the following inputs/outputs: 1) Strobe trigger ST-, 2) Tamper return TR-, 3) Sounder trigger S-, 4) Positive supply V+, 5) Negitive supply V-.

The internal control panel has the following inputs/outputs: 1) Tamper return, 2) Sab Hold, 3) External bell + & -, 4) Internal bell + & -.

Can anyone advise how to connect these two items together, do i need resistors or diode's :( ....

Connect as follows: (Red is panel, Blue is bell box)

Tamper Return -------- Tamper Return TR-

SAB Hold -------- Negative Supply V-

External Bell + ------- Positive Supply V+

External Bell - ------- Sounder Trigger S-

There should also be a terminal in the panel marked Strobe -. If so, connect this to Strobe Trigger ST-.

If not or you have only used 4 core cable you can place a link between Strobe Trigger ST- and Sounder Trigger S- in the bell box. This will mean that the strobe flashes if the bell is ringing.

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Archived