Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 - automatic shutoff?

Guest anotherconfusedperson

Hi All

About a year ago I moved into a flat which has an Accenta G3 alarm fitted. It's always worked perfectly, but when I returned from work yesterday I found the alarm blaring and several annoyed neighbours at my door.

After careful inspection I can't work out what triggered the alarm - no pets, nothing had fallen over and certainly no intruders. What concerns me is that the alarm rang for six hours. Does anyone know if it's possible to tell the alarm to shut off automatically (after half an hour, say)? I've found the product manual online, but it only explains how to set and reset the alarm etc. The technical manual is protected by a password for installers only.

Anyone know how to do this? Any advice much appreciated.

cheers!

Tom

Its supposed to stop after 20mins this is the default time in the control panel, unless the panel has a fault and the external bell box does not have its own cut off timer, then it would run for as until the nicad battery in the bell box went flat.

Best to get it service, post you location and you might find a local member.

Also £1500 fine if sombody was to report it, under the Noise Pollution Act 1974 get it looked at and save yourself some money.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Thanks. I've managed to get a copy of the installation guide in PDF, and have set the alarm cut-off timer to 20 minutes. Hopefully that should fix it.

I think the company that installed flats in this block must have changed the cut-off - our neighbour has the same alarm, put in at the same time, and his once rang overnight..

cheers

Tom

Good you sorted it, but it is not really sorted!

1. How did you get into engineering mode? Was the system left on its factory default code? If so, you should change it.

2. Every bell box sold has an automatic 20 minute cut-off. It has not been correctly installed if it rings without stopping. If you have a power cut, when the back up battery fails (should be 8 hours but if the battery hasn't been replaced in more than 3 years it will be less - and even lesser in certain conditions) then the outside bell will ring for as long as its independent NICAD supports it.

You really should get this checked correctly. And your system should be serviced professionally, annually.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Thanks. I've managed to get a copy of the installation guide in PDF, and have set the alarm cut-off timer to 20 minutes. Hopefully that should fix it.

I think the company that installed flats in this block must have changed the cut-off - our neighbour has the same alarm, put in at the same time, and his once rang overnight..

cheers

Tom

63593[/snapback]

The G3 maximum bell duration is 99 minutes,so changing the cut off timer won't solve your problems,you shouid have it checked out by a engineer

Guest Guest

Thanks. I used the factory default code , and have now changed it. I did wonder about opening the bell box to see if it has a cutout (I'm a computer technician, so fairly handy with a screwdriver) but decided I wouldn't know what to look for. Also, I imagine it should have a tamper switch of some kind?

Anyhow, flat is rented so will speak to the owner about getting a service done.

Thanks for all your advice, it's much appreciated.

Tom

Archived