Security Installer Community

Compound/Perimeter monitoring for intrusion

Hi guys, looking for feed back on a problem and wondering if anyone else has had to find a solution?.

Problem : Large site perimeter fence line(two -three miles walk)

Occasional "hits" through fence to remove parts from vehicles.

24/7 man guarding(good quality not numpties)

No mains available or cabling to wire hard wired detection.

Limited funds available to find solution certainly no funds

for civils

Solution required :Quickly deployed detection equipment.

Must require NO hard wiring.

MUST BE EASY TO DEPLOY.

Must be stable in external conditions

Must not create false alarm problems by constantly

tripping due to foxes/crows/rabits etc

This kit must of course be radio but have a range of at

least 1km

Detectors must be radio and battery powered

Indication on central control panel

Control panel should not be an alarm panel but a simple

monitoring indicator for easy use of various guard shifts.

I have found some equipment but what about you guys? have you solved a similar problem and if so how?I would be very grateful if you could give your thoughts on this guys,cheers Paul :yes:

How limited are the limited funds?

For speed and lower costs I could have done you a basic version of these products

http://www.rutland-electric-fencing.co.uk/security

with fewer wires, running off solar power into battery storage, with some sounders, zoned to alert the guards as to where the breach occurs.

A full system of this size would be megabucks, but a simpified version would be maybe as little as £5K?

Alternatively, Advanced Perimeter Systems in Stirling have a product, can't remember the name, but find them on the web.

By using cctv, though, 2 domes could cover the whole site (assuming is was pretty much square)

So, the guards could monitor them (up to 1.6Km range) and act upon genuine incidents only.

If you don't know......ask.

Have read your list of requirements several times, I have thought of a rechargable unit with audible and visual local indication of intrusion that could be adapted for radio signaling to a guard stationed on site.

You mentioned that 'the system needs to be deployed quickly' so I assume that you are wanting to move it around to any trouble spots etc and this can easily be done with the method I am thinking of, you could have only 3 or 4 units or as many as you want. Let me know if you dont find anything else, the method I am thinking of is probably the cheapest you will find but it is a bit 'custom'.

Definately do-able tho. :yes:

Thanks for your responses so far guys please keep them coming with anything which might be useful,grateful Paul :yes:

Am interested in the solar panel to power a bespoke kit have just looked at some at the Ipswich branch of maplins 12V DC @500Ma.

Archived