Security Installer Community

Help.. Domonial system:bug or feature??

Guest AAG

Hi

I have a Secom (Domonial) system (I believe it is now owned by Honeywell... www.secom.tm.fr). This is a wireless system and seems to work well.

The problem I have is that if the system is armed and you open the main door, the system stays silent (rather than give you a warning beep to tell you 'hey, I am armed, enter your code'). If you enter your code then it beeps (rather loudly) to confirm you have deactivated the system. But if you don't enter your code (either because you did not realise the system was armed, or because you are a burglar and did not know the system existed), then 15 seconds later the alarm goes off and the monitoring station calls you etc.

I have asked my installer and he tells me that the warning beep does not exist on this system. That the system stays silent until it goes off... that this is a security feature. For me, it is a pain and is unlike any other alarm system I have ever had. All of them gave you a warning beep to indicate that the system is armed and needs to be deactivated.

Is my installer right or can this system be programmed to give a warning beep?

Thanks in advance.

we have only fitted 2 or 3 domonial systems as far as i can remember. As soon as you open the final door when the system is armed, there was an entry tone,although some times it takes a little while for detector or contact to respond to the alarm.

Hi

I have a Secom (Domonial) system (I believe it is now owned by Honeywell... www.secom.tm.fr). This is a wireless system and seems to work well.

The problem I have is that if the system is armed and you open the main door, the system stays silent (rather than give you a warning beep to tell you 'hey, I am armed, enter your code'). If you enter your code then it beeps (rather loudly) to confirm you have deactivated the system. But if you don't enter your code (either because you did not realise the system was armed, or because you are a burglar and did not know the system existed), then 15 seconds later the alarm goes off and the monitoring station calls you etc.

I have asked my installer and he tells me that the warning beep does not exist on this system. That the system stays silent until it goes off... that this is a security feature. For me, it is a pain and is unlike any other alarm system I have ever had. All of them gave you a warning beep to indicate that the system is armed and needs to be deactivated.

Is my installer right or can this system be programmed to give a warning beep?

Thanks in advance.

62993[/snapback]

For risk of being stupid, is there a magnetic contact fitted to the entry door? Is it working?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

You should hear an entry noise.

To quote the User Manual:

Entry delay: upon entry 1 beep ecery second: This entry tone sounds for 30 seconds after you open the entry door. You should disarm your system within this time.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

You should hear an entry noise.

To quote the User Manual:

Entry delay: upon entry 1 beep ecery second: This entry tone sounds for 30 seconds after you open the entry door. You should disarm your system within this time.

63114[/snapback]

Firstly, many thanks for those who have replied. Secondly, yes, all is functioning... the contact is working. We have explained to the security company exactly what we want and they are adamant the system does not beep (and indeed it does not). Here is their website which showes the equipment (sorry it is in French).

www.protection24.com

SECOM maybe the installation company, Honeywell is the manufacturer.

All alarm systems have entry/exit tones to alert you to unset the system, including yours.

http://www.ademcomicrotech.co.uk/pdf/Domonial.pdf

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

SECOM maybe the installation company, Honeywell is the manufacturer.

Not quite right, the Domonial was manufactured by SECOM the French manufacturer (not the well known UK Installer), and that company now belongs to Honeywell.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all,

What is the name of software programation for DOMONIAL?

sorry but I am very pleasured if you could told me where can I buy or look for a software for programation DOMONIAL? I think is domopc or domostation. PLease, could you help me?

Thanks you

Archived