Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 Power Down

Guest mattmonkey

Guest mattmonkey

Hi guys,

My brother has an Accenta G3 system and has had some trouble setting it recently. I traced the problem to a blown 13Volt fuse for powering the PIRs, which was in turn caused by shorted cables on gripper rods.

Anyway I've run new cable under the floor for all the PIRs and am ready to hook up them on the PCB. Could anyone tell me how to correctly power down the system. I have already tried isolating the mains then removing the battery from the system but of course the bell box then sounds.

I do know the engineer's code to prevent tamper alarms, but would prefer not to have to disconnect the battery inside the bell box too. Can anybody help?

cheers

Matt.

If your determined to connect when downpowering the system, then unless you get upto the bellbox and disconnect its SAB battery it will ring for approx 20 mins before silencing.

If you know what your doing then enter engineer mode, remove the AUX fuse(blown 13Volt fuse for powering the PIRs) and wire up the new cable while leaving the panel powering the bellbox.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest mattmonkey

Thanks for the fast reply Dave.

I think I will try without disconnecting the bellbox.

Will there be any voltage going to the PIRs when the fuse is not in place? i.e. on the trigger/alarm terminals?

Matt.

Archived