Security Installer Community

resetting panic button query

Guest andypandy

Guest andypandy

How do you reset a panic button which has accidently been set off?

The panic button looks like it needs a key inserted to reset it. There are no other identifing marks on the panic button except two large red buttons at the top and a small hole with red marker in it beside the key hole on the face. We have recently moved into the house and the previous owner didn't leave the key!

Can these be bought? The button is linked up to a veritas 8 compact which will not set because the panic button zone is unsecure.

Thanks for any help,

andypandy

yes you need a key to put into the slot bit by the little red square, when you turn the key the red square will turn yellow. then you enter your code into the panel to reset it.

Trade Intruder

although all panic buttons are similar not all keys will fit all panic buttons. Best to do what Peter says and call the installation company. In the mean time, apart from opening up the unit as Peter said, you can always straighten a bit of metal hanger, bend the end about half a centimeter from the end (to make a right angle), insert it as the key, and twist it in the direction of the buttons, to literally push them back up.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived