Security Installer Community

Accenta Alarm

Guest Rhys

Hello, I bought a house a month ago and the previous owners don't have the code. Not a problem I thought as just added it to my list of things to get round too.

Came home last night and the alarm box light outside the house was flashing. After searching for the control unit I found it and it was showing the TAMPER light illuminated.

As I don't know the code what should I do. Is there any engineer's code I can enter to override and reset or should I call out the experts?

Rhys

Yes , you will require an alarm engineer.Get it serviced , possible new battery , check that all devices and sounders are working , and get it programmed up to suit your requirements including new code. :)

Thanks, I have rung the couple of Burgular alarm engineer's listed in my town (Bridgend) but either no answer or they only do work for people who have maintenance contracts with them.

Is there a way around this to stop the light outside flashing until I can get someone out?

Which Bridgend are you ?

You may find someone here that is local.

I doubt you can reset the tamper unless you have the codes, you aren't going to get engineer codes from the forum.

Bridgend in South Wales.

If I had an engineer code would know how to use it. Was thinking along the lines of maybe there being a button to stop light flashing outside house?

Anyway, if there is anyone close on her?

Guest willie the engineer

The company i work for fit the ADE accenta alarms. If the light is flashing outside press re set and the panel should lock you out untill the tamper problem has been resolved.

You would be better geting a yearly contract because if this happens again then you will be forking out money all the time.

The most common problems i have had fitting the ade system is the bell tampers but this sounds like a wire in the panel has come loose.

Try prog ????(that is the default engineer code).

If all else fails then you must get an engineer out to take the panel back to factory reset. These panel zones have to be programmed out.

Please do not post engineer codes in the public forums

Rhys, Give me a call I'm in Cardiff and I can get it sorted for you.

My number is on my website www.firealarmsukltd.co.uk

Bri

trade.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm wondering how I can change the alarm code, I wasn't left the instruction manual when I moved in and it is quite urgent that I change the code. Can You help??? :):whistle:

Archived