Security Installer Community

Recomendation please

TSS

Can anyone please help...

I need a new pbx, 2 lines (1 ntl, 1 bt) and up to 6 extensions.

Using standard phones

Preferably with a fax detect facility

Preferably with a night function so I can tell it not to ring the extensions after 17.00!

Can anyone recomend one for me? I'm ok with programming most stuff and installation shouldnt be too bad as is already wired for pbx as I had a BT Ultimate [****] 106 that got spiked!

cheers

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Get yourself on eBay and get a BT Pathway or Inspiration and a system phone for programming. Lovely little bits of kit and a good price. I've also got a couple of suppliers of refurbished units with warranties if eBay's not your thing.

Guest Dr_Albany

Hi James..,

If you don't want anything expandable, the BT Inspiration is a bit over the top.

I have seen a couple of units over that past 6 months(Can't rememebr brands) that only do 2 x 6 - can't expand later.

I bought one a few years ago for a small shop and it was ideal, all the feature you require and easy to install...... and at the time very cheap. Thought I got it from maplins, just had a quick look but couldn't see any.

If I think on i will do a bit of scouring this aft...

Regards

Steve

BT Inspiration/Pathway is good kit and all extensions are hybrid so choice of systemphone or standard phones.

You could also consider a Panasonic KXT-206, gone end of line now but still available from some suppliers and of course second-user/ebay etc.

Panasonic also have some new smaller systems (due out very soon), including a 3+8 with USB programming, which should be available for under £275 new.

Have you set a budget to work to ?

Oh yes by the way - your right, the Ultimate 106 is a pretty **** bit of kit for reliablity but has a few nice features for the price.

Regards

Si

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Something else you might consider is a BT Revelation, plenty of these on Ebay etc going cheap, starts as a 1+6 or 2+6 (max 4+12), needs a systemphone to program it. 2 versions are available, very similar - the Mark 2 Revelation supports caller display to systemphones.

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

• 5 months later...
Guest chippywood

Hi,

I've used many a Panasonic 206 without any problems.

The default settings should be ok but the fax may require a Panasonic KX phone to activate it

Hi,

I've used many a Panasonic 206 without any problems.

The default settings should be ok but the fax may require a Panasonic KX phone to activate it

Yup, the 206 is good for a simple system, and as a DISA fax detect as an option.

Fitted a couple - really basic, good if you have keyphones with it.

Old post - probably has a new system in and installed :yes:

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived