Security Installer Community

BT Inspiration Password reset if not default

Guest Dr_Albany

Guest Dr_Albany

Hi Guys..,

Wonder if anyone can can help.

My existing BT inspiration went up in smoke during a lightning strike.

I have purchased a replacement from ebay, but the password is not the default.

Is there a way of hard resetting without using the system phone?? Or is there a bios chip I can swap between the 2??

I have contacted the seller but not had a reply as yet.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks

Steve

I know there is a way of doing it but I'm not sure if you need a system phone or not.

Are you an installer or are you an end user expecting to just plug it in and it all works?

Guest Dr_Albany

Hi Lurch..,

Thanks for your reply....

I am replacing an existing system, I already have 7 systems phones and I am very familiar with the installation procedures.

I set our original one up 4 years ago.

The problem is that the second hand replacement I have bought has a password set, that is not the default password.

I do know how to program the system, but don't really fancy trying all possible 9999 combinations.

Regards

Steve

Yes it can be unlocked from any phone but this is not information that I would give out on a public forum. As it is an code provided to trained engineers. The code also factory-defaults the whole system.

This is normally something most dealers/engineers would charge for to come and unlock it, where are you based, might be able to assist you by phone if you are totally stuck.

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Guest Dr_Albany

Hi Simon..,

Thanks for your offer. I'm in south yorkshire. :-(

If you would help with the codes, I would be deeply greatfull... i'm working my way through from 0000 and at 1360 at the mo.. <sigh><grin> thats life

And i wouldn't mind if you billed me for your time.

We only have 1 line at the mo, so if it is in use it will cascade to the second line.... and we won't be able ot pick it up.... hope this makes sence.

Regards

Steve

• 3 years later...
Yes it can be unlocked from any phone but this is not information that I would give out on a public forum. As it is an code provided to trained engineers. The code also factory-defaults the whole system.

This is normally something most dealers/engineers would charge for to come and unlock it, where are you based, might be able to assist you by phone if you are totally stuck.

Regards

Simon

hi simon i work for bt and a friend of mine has jammed his bt inspiration by make ext 20 as the pa line by mistake would the code you have reset it to default and if so could you let me know it and perhaps if you need any inspiration equipment i may be able to help

thanks

hi simon my friend has jammed his inspiration by making ext 20 the pa line by mistake so cant access you normal route can you help i work for bt on the engineering side not system i dont wont to have to contact are tech support if poss can you help

Simons post was on 26June/2005 elliot.

Good on you for searching before posting but he has not been online for a long time.

Start a new topic but please be aware that as Simon correctly said we don't allow defaulting, engineering information or codes for equipment to be posted.

Archived