Security Installer Community

Omnicron 8000

Guest Extra Tomato

Guest Extra Tomato

Hi all

Please can you help. I have recently moved into a new house and the owner has left without leaving a manual. I have used the internet to get by with simple things like changing the user codes etc, but I have recently hit a brick wall with one problem.

I left the power off to the alarm for over 24 hours accidently (thought it would beep or warn me !). Anyway since then my remote keypad in the hall has stopped responding. Every time I enter or leave the house I have to use them main Omnicron box which the previous owner installed in the upstairs airing cupboard.

As you will understand this is a bit of a pain ! :wacko:

When I first noticed the problem the remote keypad had dim lights on it and it refused to repond to my user code. I waited a few hours and the lights on the keypad got brighter, so I thought the battery just needed charging but still it wont accept my user code.

If I enter my code it just makes a single beep. The remote keypad has no description or name on it. It just has keys 0-9 plus keys P and E.

Can anybody help at all. A user manual would be great !

Thanks for your time in reading this !

Looks like the RKP has locked, down power the alarm, mains and battery, wait 5 seconds and re appl;y the mains, enter 1234 to shut up the alarm, then refit your battery and replace the control panel lid.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived