Security Installer Community

Aux/Bell Tamper fault

Guest stevejones

Guest stevejones

I have a Menvier TS900 panel with three Elmdene///.National Installer.// type bell box sounders (Yellow hexagonal).

My problem is I am getting an intermittent fault with the Aux/Bell Tamper circuit which is activating... In the panel there is an Aux Tamper circuit which I don't use and is linked out.. My guess is that the fault is from the Tamper Return (TR-) circuit... The fault only appears in very hot weather. Could this be a faulty bell box sounder?

I have temporary linked the Tamper return circuit to negative and I haven't seen the fault for days now...

Any help would be appreciated..

Steve

Check all wiring and connections for high resistance, reterminate all joints to be on the safe side. Could be a box or cable fault.

Guest stevejones
Check all wiring and connections for high resistance, reterminate all joints to be on the safe side. Could be a box or cable fault.

58042[/snapback]

Ok thanks. I will have a look to see if I can narrow it down to a specific box

Guest stevejones
Or length of cable. ;)

58048[/snapback]

Its been working fine for 5 years can't see it being cable length...

Steve

It could be, minor fault that's worsened over the years, somethings moved or been done in the meantime etc...

Don't assume it isn't the cable, test the lot to make sure. I've been to jobs before that have had a faulty cable that's been in for years.

Could be the one of the bell boxes, could be one of the cables, could be one of the connections.

Guest stevejones
It could be, minor fault that's worsened over the years, somethings moved or been done in the meantime etc...

Don't assume it isn't the cable, test the lot to make sure. I've been to jobs before that have had a faulty cable that's been in for years.

Could be the one of the bell boxes, could be one of the cables, could be one of the connections.

58054[/snapback]

Ok Stuart I will check it out thanks a lot

Steve

Wow! I hope the 3 boxes are either scb or powered from a seperate psu, must be quiet a current draw in alarm

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

3 bells on one system i take it you have a psu.

also for some reason //.National Installer.// boxes wont let you use the tamper return from the 1st box for the 2nd box neg, feed well thats how i was always shown how to wire 2 boxes to one panel getting both units tampered from the bell output.

I have 2 ts100 //.National Installer.// box on my house and when in alarm the tamper return dropps to 9v causing a bell tamper. Yes the bells have there own 2 amp psu with relays from the panel to switch the load. I ended up connecting the tamper off the 1st box to the panel tamper and the tamper off the 2nd box to the neg of a coil on a rb007 relay with a pos 12v the psu and NC off the relay across a spare zone on the panel.

In short i cant see how you have 3 bells on a panel and expect it to work

and the //.National Installer.// boxes dont have the option for SCB mode.

Archived