Security Installer Community

Help

blank

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

releases ok then when renewing it comes up unable to connect to dhcp server, timed out

55808[/snapback]

You need t either enable a DHCP server, either in a router or modem on the network with the DHCP server function within or set the IP address manually to a spare IP address in the range of your existing machines. To do this, right click on My Network Places and select properties, right click on the wired network connection and select properties then click TCP\IP Protocol and select the properties button. Set the IP address, the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and the default gateway with that of your router or whatever the machine access through. Set the DNS addresses to the same as the default gateway. Click OK etc... and it should all work. ;)

You need t either enable a DHCP server, either in a router or modem on the network with the DHCP server function within or set the IP address manually to a spare IP address in the range of your existing machines. To do this, right click on My Network Places and select properties, right click on the wired network connection and select properties then click TCP\IP Protocol and select the properties button. Set the IP address, the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and the default gateway with that of your router or whatever the machine access through. Set the DNS addresses to the same as the default gateway. Click OK etc... and it should all work. ;)

55815[/snapback]

what do i need to set ip address to? and which machine should i be doing this on

whats the ip adress of the machine you are using now, if its 192.168.1.x, set the address on your laptop to 192.168.1.y if you know what i mean

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Go to the machine you are connecting the other end of this network cable to. Go to Start -> Run, type cmd and press enter. Type ipconfig and look at the IP address that comes up, (probably be 192.168.?.?). Set the IP address of your new machine to match the first 3 digits, but change the third to a different number, probably just +1 of what the address of the other machine in will do.

Archived