Security Installer Community

smoke detectors wired to a speech dialler

Guest afee12345

Guest afee12345

is it possible to connect the interconnect cable of a smoke detector on to a texecom speech dialler.

so when a smoke detector detects fire the interconnect cable can triger the input of the speech dialler,which can dial out.

the smoke detectors cable is 9v when triggered (told by the manufactures).

has anyone done this or can advice about this whether it is possible.

many thanks in advance

the smoke detectors are just normal type battery backup/mains powerd with three cables live,neutral and interconnect (linked to other s.detectors,when one detects all sound).

I dont think it'll work without a common 0Vdc referance point..?

But you could possible take that from the 9V backup battery..?

And best if that triggers a relay, which controls the input of the dialer.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest mw101

it they are the BRK type detector you can get a relay base for them that will give you the clean contacts to supply your dialler thats what i use on mine..

Most manufacturers have a relay base available.

Personally, I'd fit 2 mains powered smokes with capacitor backup and fit relay bases. Get a 12V PSU to power the dialler and connect the trigger from the PSU to the dialler through the relays on the smoke bases.

Guest afee12345

the dialler is powerd from the r8 plus panel. these smoke detectors have been installed now.do i need a relay or psu to get this going, and if which type.

Ah, that's better, (sort of). If you'd have given us all the info to start with then the answer would be to fit relay bases to the smokes and connect to a fire zone on the intruder panel. This will in turn trigger the dialler.

Guest afee12345
Ah, that's better, (sort of). If you'd have given us all the info to start with then the answer would be to fit relay bases to the smokes and connect to a fire zone on the intruder panel. This will in turn trigger the dialler.

55604[/snapback]

sorry

do i need to fit the relay bases for each one or just the one(they are all interconnected to each other) and then wire to the r8 panel?

please advice what type and at what point on the panel?

many thanks

You only need one base if they are interconnected.

Might be an idea to get someone in to for this. You will need engineer access to the panel and you will need to program a zone as fire and also check the correct links are in between devices for it to trigger the dialler on fire. It's not a difficult job, but it's also easy to get it to go totally tits up if you're not sure on what you're doing.

The relays NC contacts, (open in alarm), will need to be connected across the zone in the panel. Don't forget the tamper pair for the cable too. ;)

Archived