Security Installer Community

WaveReader

Guys

Anyone used Wavereader, and will it decode or play Multiplexed recordings of a DVR unit ??

Does anyone know of any other software for remote CCTV monitoring etc...

cheers

Dean

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

There are video servers you can use, Definately you can use single channel servers, but with a quad output you could make that accessable, youd need a network and broadband connection with a fixed ip at least.

WaveReader software is a graphical user interface that allows users to remotely access GE Security digital recorders via Ethernet or dial-up connection.

And the 2nd answer is NO!

53746[/snapback]

Its used in Baxalls DVR range as well, as many others also use it as well, as its a Freeware program shipped with many DVRs, just wanted to know wether it will read the .06d files recorded via the Mux.

There are video servers you can use, Definately you can use single channel servers, but with a quad output you could make that accessable, youd need a network and broadband connection with a fixed ip at least.

53753[/snapback]

I have got a Static IP, and 2mb Cable, it will be going through a Cisco Router, so i can Setup A static Route and enable port forwarding to the IP of the DVR.

Thanks for your replys, Rich woudl i need a different piece of software, would WaveReader not do what i want.... Can it not view Multiplexed Recordings.

Dean

Before we carry on, I think you need to get your head around what does what.

You have a single channel DVR, this will convert a 25 fps composite video signal to a digital signal that can be stored on the hard drive. The composite signal has then become a digital image stripped of composite video information. When played back, the digital images are converted back to analogue but at a different frame rate.

A Time lapse VCR would record a composite video signal and replay a composite video signal. (you would only lose TVL resolution on playback if the cameras were higher than the video could manage.)

An analogue multiplexer expects 25 frames a second into its camera inputs, it then encodes the 4 cameras, 4/25 and sends to the vcr, now the VCR needs to be able to capture 25 frames at the right time. This right time is usually determined by the sync pulse of the signal generated with the encoding circuit of the mux.

So, the signal from the mux that gets sent to the recorder will be 4 encoded cameras about 6 frames per second. On playback the same encoded signal needs to be sent back for decoding the playback images, and to enable a single camera to be pulled up in full screen.

This means that the DVR would need to be networkable, and the signal from the DVR would need to be decoded by the remote view software.

You could also use a networkable multiplexer but I don't think you will find one without a hard drive for recording.

So as already suggested, get rid of the DVR and get a multi channel networkable DVR instead.

An analogue multiplexer expects 25 frames a second into its camera inputs, it then encodes the 4 cameras, 4/25 and sends to the vcr, now the VCR needs to be able to capture 25 frames at the right time. This right time is usually determined by the sync pulse of the signal generated with the encoding circuit of the mux.

I have thought that VCR sends the sync pulse to the mux when it is ready to record next pic. mux thou identifies the frame..

(i have come to this conclusion since otherwise mux would need to know recording period for 3hr cassette.)

:question:

I have thought that VCR sends the sync pulse to the mux when it is ready to record next pic. mux thou identifies the frame..

(i have come to this conclusion since otherwise mux would need to know recording period for 3hr cassette.)

:question:

54167[/snapback]

Ive spoke to Baxall and they told me it would decode the multiplexed information and using the VEXT inputs you can sync the Mux and DVR so it will do what i want....

cheers For the Help.

Dean

Ive spoke to Baxall and they told me it would decode the multiplexed information and using the VEXT inputs you can sync the Mux and DVR so it will do what i want....

cheers For the Help.

Dean

54193[/snapback]

Just to add, has anyone used the web interface on there DVR (If it has one) has anyone used WAVEBROWSER, which will be a option on the Menu,.? When i click on mine which is found at http://IP ADDRESS/wrcontrollit.ssi i get page cannot be displayed?

Dean

Archived