Security Installer Community

Removing a adt alarm

Guest me

hi

a friend of mine has a //.National Installer.// alarm but it keeps going of.. she rang //.National Installer.// and they said if they come out to it it will cost between 60 and 100 pound... she isnt happy with this and wants to know if its possible to remove the alarm herself

I would seriously advise against it

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Wouldnt it be easier to get the fault fixed, surely its a bit ott to remove the whole thing just because its got a problem. It would be like taking a car to the scrap heap just because it had a flat tyre.

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

yeah i kind of guessed thats what reply would be but she is determined to do it so i was looking to find out the best way so she doesnt drive the neighbours mad surely there must be a away without having to get //.National Installer.// to remove it for an extortionist rate, my friend is disabled and doesnt have much money hence the diy

i can see your point monteey... but she isnt happy with //.National Installer.// and is planning of replacing it with a different one when she can afford it....

and paul she lives in bridlington

I would strongly suggest she gets someone who is competant to remove the alarm, i doubt your pal is an electrician therefore she will not be deemed competant unless she has a "Safe Isolation Certificate" .

For her own safety and from an insurance point of view as they wont pay up if she electrcutes herself or incorrectly dis-connects the 240v live mains and fries someone else.

Actually i would suggest she contacts //.National Installer.// and advises them they need to remove theyre equipment. It will belong to //.National Installer.//!

yeah i kind of guessed thats what reply would be but she is determined to do it so i was looking to find out the best way so she doesnt drive the neighbours mad surely there must be a away without having to get //.National Installer.// to remove it for an extortionist rate, my friend is disabled and doesnt have much money hence the diy

52650[/snapback]

chancer...

We also cant advise on a public forum how to diasable your alarm, sorry.

Perhaps If you post your location someone local may be able to sort it out for a resonable fee.

Archived