Security Installer Community

Fire & security included in electricians spec

jb-eye

Unlike the earlier standard where the use of Non-Fire Rated Cabling would have been acceptable for the Detection Circuits and Fire Rated Cables used for the

Alarm Circuits. The 2002 standard recommends the use of Fire Rated Cables for Critical Signal Paths, this includes both the Detection and Alarm Circuits. Even though the Indicating and Control Equipment is provided with means of a

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

• 4 weeks later...
Guest G.J.M

every cable that comes from the fire panel should be fire resistant.That includes the 240v supply and cable to digi-com.

• 3 months later...
Got another legendary design today from an Architects to price on.

I refused to price as it had no sounders :no: .

Again i was asked to submit my recommendations.I offered to to a design for them for a fee which would be deductable if i won the contract.

i will wait and see what happens.Not going down the road of doing all the work for nought and not getting job again.

52383[/snapback]

suprise.Did not get the job because the other company was cheaper and priced on their spec which to any normal person was a shambles.

They even came back to me before and mentioned that i was the only one who had bothered to point all the short commings out but it went on the lowest price at the end of the day.

It's a crazy world in which we live :blink:

Archived