Security Installer Community

ADE optima compact manual

Guest rwybrow

I need the Optima compact Gen 4 engineers manual pdf file.

I tried to download the pdf from this site but it had errors so went to the site below and got the user manual pgf no problem..

http://www.honeywell-security.co.uk/

Then Product

Then control panels,' find the one you want (8EP396A for mine) and download the PDF file.

Hope this link helps someone,

I'll continue try to find my engineers manual, if I do I'll post details on here.

cheers

Kev.

I need the Optima compact Gen 4 engineers manual pdf file.

I tried to download the pdf from this site but it had errors so went to the site below and got the user manual pgf no problem..

http://www.honeywell-security.co.uk/

Then Product

Then control panels,' find the one you want (8EP396A for mine) and download the PDF file.

Hope this link helps someone,

I'll continue try to find my engineers manual, if I do I'll post details on here.

cheers

Kev.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p;f=14&id=8

Don't bother , :realmad:

It's sorted now. I got a builder friend to call round with his ladders and we snipped the wire, then input the user code. The alarm is now in tamper mode so is disabled. The blue light went out when I reset the unit so it all looks pretty normal. Not the best solution but at least the neighbours can sleep tonight.

Just a quick update... The following day when I called round the internal siren bleeped as I entered the house. The panel seemed to have reset itself from tamper mode and allowed me to set the alarm on exiting.

However, when my son returned from holiday he said the internal alarm (inside the control panel by the sounds of it, not the internal siren that can be seen) kept going off. Apparently it isn't too loud (otherwise I expect the neighbours would have called me before my son got back) - and he had the cheek to say it was my fault for having disconnected the external alarm. They've had an engineer out to look at it, but I don't know what they've had done.

• 1 year later...

I moved in to my house where the previous owners did not leave a manual, it is the ade optima compact. I put my code in and was told to press set, however the alarm constantly beeps and does not go silence as expected when eaving the house much to my neighbours annoyance. I have looked at the manuals on here but nothing has worked, what can I do?

Could be a zone open,(broken door contact) or a very long exit time (seen the progged in mins, very easy to do if you're not thinking) Just makes me wonder as you've been told to press set on exit..................... You only need the code, then wait for the exit time to expire.

Hi,

I hot the same secutity system. Suddenly it went off.I switch off the power from mail switch bord.I do not have power in some part of my house. I hot your manual.I on the power then again alarm went off ,I enter the 0123 code to silant it but it did not work.I off the power again.

How can I off the alarm and reset it?

Nihal

Archived