Security Installer Community

Vision Factory CAMEO DVR

C.S TEK.

Got a cctv job to quote and that is 16 camera's and an option for one external. I notice in the norbain catalogue that vision factory do a 18 way DVR.

Has anyone used a Cameo recently and if so wot do u think? Am i to believe it is PC based as it mentions power failure back up and UPS supply?

Kind regards

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

• 2 months later...
Guest prescott2000

Cameo DVR is a good bit of kit, it is PC based and can be easily nerworked over Fibre etc.

THey will also release the protocols so software can be written for other systems to talk to it

They are in general a very high quality machine. A different league to VideoSwitch and the like. A little expensive but fun to use. You need a computer monitor for the main screen, which is quite configurable (i.e. it has about 18 predetermined screens configurations), and it has 5 ouput monitors (apart from loop throughs on all 18 cameras). It is really designed for situations that may require an instant replay of images, i.e. for systems that are viewed live by security (click a button on the screen and you have instant reverse playback). It is completely mouse controlled and very very simple to operate. A downside is the CPU fan which is pretty loud!

If you are using 18 cameras, get a LARGE hard drive, especially if you require a good update rate.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I agree with Zak, the vision factory gear is good, they had a time of sitting back and watching all their competitors develope new gear past them but have pulled out the stops recently and are catching up with new kit,also if you are handling any thing close to 16 cameras dont consider a hard drive smaller than 900 Gb then you should have the capacity to do anything the customer wants,the general opinion is that most customers want 30 days archive,regards Paul. :yes:

Archived