Security Installer Community

number id

Rich

What exactly is callsign ?

48271[/snapback]

Dunno exactly, it'll be on the BT site somewhere or smarty will know. Basic principal behind it is you get one line with a number, which you have, and on top af that you get another number which rings the same line with a different cadence.

Now you've started mentioning faxes and announcements, I thought I'd better ask what is it you want to achieve at the end of all this? If you just give me a list of what you want to do I can work out what's the best way to do it.

Thanks for the input so far you 2.

Basically I am moving into a new house in the next few weeks, and want to set up a room as a designated office.

We need a seperate landline and internet for the home (possibly telewest tv and phone package).

For the office I will have 2 non geo numbers and 1 local number.

I will need a fax line, possibly shared with a support line on an 0870 number.

Incoming = 3 non geo and 1 local number

Outgoing = 1 landline and 1 faxline

I think :)

Piece of cake then, 2 lines both with call sign = 4 numbers.

Of course, that's too easy for me so I'd have incoming fax diverted to email and outgoing fax sent from the PC, with the reply number as the fax to email service number. The fax is pretty much transparent thenas far as telephone lines are concerned.

So, that leaves us with 3 incoming business numbers and 1 home phone.

Let's take care of the home phone, simplest way to do that is just have a seperate line put in for the home only, in + out.

So now all you need is 1 outgoing voice line for business and at least one incoming.

At this point, if it were for my own home I'd start down the path of ISDN2e's, DDI's and Premicells, but I think that could be OTT if you want to keep it on a budget.

The only thing we've got to decide now is what to do with these incoming calls. If you order one standard analogue line with a call sign you'll get 2 numbers, so you could have one as your published local number and one as your hidden and re-directed to non-geo number.

If you want to have the two non-geo numbers coming in to seperate numbers for identification of call source you could bring the home phone line back into play and set up cal sign on that too.

If you'd like to do it properly, I'd get a small ISDN PBX, (I've got some nice ones ;)), at least one ISDN2e line, (so you'll get 2 voice channels), and a range of DDI's, which only come in blocks of 10 but aren't all that expensive really. That would give you 2 speech paths, 10 numbers for incoming and outgoing, and with the PBX you could have a multitude of setups for all sorts of call handling and auto answer type things.

Right, I need to go and lay down now.

Piece of cake then, 2 lines both with call sign = 4 numbers.

Of course, that's too easy for me so I'd have incoming fax diverted to email and outgoing fax sent from the PC, with the reply number as the fax to email service number. The fax is pretty much transparent thenas far as telephone lines are concerned.

So, that leaves us with 3 incoming business numbers and 1 home phone.

Let's take care of the home phone, simplest way to do that is just have a seperate line put in for the home only, in + out.

So now all you need is 1 outgoing voice line for business and at least one incoming.

At this point, if it were for my own home I'd start down the path of ISDN2e's, DDI's and Premicells, but I think that could be OTT if you want to keep it on a budget.

The only thing we've got to decide now is what to do with these incoming calls. If you order one standard analogue line with a call sign you'll get 2 numbers, so you could have one as your published local number and one as your hidden and re-directed to non-geo number.

If you want to have the two non-geo numbers coming in to seperate numbers for identification of call source you could bring the home phone line back into play and set up cal sign on that too.

If you'd like to do it properly, I'd get a small ISDN PBX, (I've got some nice ones ;)), at least one ISDN2e line, (so you'll get 2 voice channels), and a range of DDI's, which only come in blocks of 10 but aren't all that expensive really. That would give you 2 speech paths, 10 numbers for incoming and outgoing, and with the PBX you could have a multitude of setups for all sorts of call handling and auto answer type things.

Right, I need to go and lay down now.

48275[/snapback]

Nice one Lurch :)

do you get different ringer sounds with call sign too?

Archived