Security Installer Community

Fire alarm fault

Guest G.J.M

Guest G.J.M

i had the trainee engineer on the phone last week with a low resistance fault on a sounder line.Knowing the site i asked him to check the external sounder for water ingress.The sounder in question is a big industrial yoda alarm.

Sure enough it was filled with water which went all over him when he took the front off.He had to take his clothes off and sit nude in his boiler suit while the staff put the wet items through the tumble dryer. :w00t:

Do many Fire Alarms have externall sounders...?

I`ve never come accross any that do..

47765[/snapback]

We have to fit them outside, to cover the "Play-Grounds", and sports areas, and any open spaces between School buildings (Upper/Lower, English Block, Music Block, Etc....)

Any one else....

Dean Wholey

NCC

Dean.Wholey@Ntlworld.com

Guest G.J.M

47765[/snapback]

Category P systems

47765[/snapback]

In complex sites with multi buildings even where we have class change we always install sounder/strobe from local panel emanating fire signal this way the brigade know where to go.

Jef

Customers!

Guest Cerberus NI

Have maintained a lot of old health board nursing homes with 240 VAC sirens (master blasters?) on the roofs - very popular with the neighbours!!

Plus most of those mentioned above! :yes:

We regularly have call outs to a big, green produce (salad lettuce ect) firm, the amount of water damaged fire equipment we have to change is unbelievable! We have Full IP rated callpoints, sounders getting so much water ingress. When we have the call out to go check out the problems, you have to get dressed up in hairnet, overalls welly boots. Tiss a funny site to see!!!

:P

Chubb Service Engineer

I`ve never come accross any that do

Yeah, plenty over here Dave

We regularly have call outs to a big, green produce (salad lettuce ect) firm, the amount of water damaged fire equipment we have to change is unbelievable! We have Full IP rated callpoints, sounders getting so much water ingress. When we have the call out to go check out the problems, you have to get dressed up in hairnet, overalls welly boots. Tiss a funny site to see!!!

Been there, done that too :P I thought I looked quite nice though :w00t:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Guest G.J.M

:P

47925[/snapback]

sounds like the fish processing plant we look after.Everything is hosed down at regauler intervals.I removed a sounder once and got the nice white overalls covered in rusty water.

We put conduit drops to floor now to act as a drain but things still get soaked.

I have regular disagreements with the Hitler Supervisors who try to spray my tools with disenfectant.It's bad enough being on sprayed ladders with wellies on without having rusty snips.

If i'm ever called to the place and can't be bothered i would be tempted to say i had the runs on the medical questionaire you get when signing in. ;)

Don't think i would be allowed into the factory than. :w00t:

Archived