Security Installer Community

Sparks

jb-eye

Being doing a huge secondary school at the moment and the sparks are puttin in me routes, gets a bit frusterating waiting for some tube or trunking so rather than wait around been gabbing it out there stores and doing it myself.

They was well impressed when i cut a double set into 4x4 metal trunking, and bent some 25 tube!!  :P

47843[/snapback]

I've had that when on larger sites doing data cabling, it's nice to do a bit here and there, but be able to pick and choose! If it looks like a **** job, leave it for someone else. ;)

Too right, if it looks a **** run messing around with running couplers and that, I'll leave it to them :boxing:

R u part P registered Lurch?

chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

R u part P registered Lurch?

47847[/snapback]

No, too much hassle and expense for now. As the whole thing is a total f*ck up I'll leave it until it gets ironed out, or scrapped. I'm not really bothered about crashing around being a domestic sparks and I can still do commercial so that'll do me for now.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sparking_mad
The systems that i find grudged are ones ones that insurance of Fire Authorities insist on.Alot of people want fire and security systems alot don't ard they are usually the ones that call you in 5 years time because of faults due to no maintenance.

I hate the call out side because i have to cover intruder and it's not what i do(nothing against intruder),but i'd rather do this than rewires.

I don't agree with the components being less involved.A secuirty panel etc is more involved than a socket.

each to their own :yes:

47757[/snapback]

In my line of work i do cctv, fire alarms, basic intruder alarms, emergency lighting and oh yes i do house bashing and swimming pool plant rms, heating systems, golf course irrigation systems, floatless sewage treatment systems, network cabling and fitting those skts. I also have to test all my work, certify all my work and review all the test results from the other 4 electricians and each night i go home hoping that i don't get called out as 2 of us are on 24hr call 7 days 52 weeks a year less holidays other than bank holidays. And hope that nothing goes bellyup as it is me who is in court as the NICEIC Qualified supervisor and i dont get 35K a year.

Guest Sparking_mad
No, too much hassle and expense for now. As the whole thing is a total f*ck up I'll leave it until it gets ironed out, or scrapped. I'm not really bothered about crashing around being a domestic sparks and I can still do commercial so that'll do me for now.

47849[/snapback]

Dont blame you local authority and building control need to get themselves sorted out. How about this then? Local authority bod goes onto the site and asks to see certificate which the site foreman dutyfully hands over and he walks off with it, Building control want certificate when they come even though details have been submitted well in advance on internet to NICEIC, but no cetificate available because of mr local authority man has got it. Next NHBC inspector turns up he wants to see original certificate and have a copy to take away but yes you guessed it mr local authority man has still got the original which is supposed to go to the owner of the property upon completion.

In my line of work i do cctv, fire alarms, basic intruder alarms, emergency lighting and oh yes i do house bashing and swimming pool plant rms, heating systems, golf course irrigation systems, floatless sewage treatment systems, network cabling and fitting those skts. I also have to test all my work, certify all my work and review all the test results from the other 4 electricians and each night i go home hoping that i don't get called out as 2 of us are on 24hr call 7 days 52 weeks a year less holidays other than bank holidays. And hope that nothing goes bellyup as it is me who is in court as the NICEIC Qualified supervisor and i dont get 35K a year.

54475[/snapback]

Sounds like my life story 20 years ago (instrumentation and process controls). Am I glad I am out. :yes:

Jef

Customers!

Archived