Security Installer Community

Guardall Windsor CA500

Guest mapoftazzy

Guest mapoftazzy

Can anyone help with a Guardall Windsor CA500 Engineer Manual please? I have the user manual from within these pages.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
We do not give out Alarm Engineer/Installer manuals, to avoid offence please do not ask us to supply them"

Sorry for asking, however, if you need anything from me please dont hesitate to ask and I will still do my best to help you.

Perhaps you should get rid of the thread for user manuals. search engines wouldnt find it and people like me looking for help wouldnt make the mistake of asking for it.

Thanks, I've got the manual and user instructions now. 104 pages and 74 pages respectively!! I'll mail you the PDF's if you want them.

Gerry, like Adi said we're not allowed to openly give out engineering/ installer manuals, user manuals are generally okay as they normally do not contain information on how to "compromise" the system by showing the user how to reset the alarm to factory default settings, get in to the programming side of the alarm and thus be able to program alarm zones in / out and change the type of zone it is etc.

This has been done to death in here previously, that's why Adi quoted from the "Site Rules" which we all must adhere to in order to post here.

After all how would you like it, since this a public forum that a link to the engineering manual you've asked for was posted and someone near you downloaded it, found out how to bypass the system and you come home to an empty house and your codes no longer work..

That is one very good reason for not posting direct links to the such manuals.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Am I right in thinking if the Windsor 500 is a Chubb badged panel then the pin of the day is hard coded into the panel and can't be disabled? Anyone work for chubb and can confirm that?

egg03064.gif

Am I right in thinking if the Windsor 500 is a Chubb badged panel then the pin of the day is hard coded into the panel and can't be disabled? Anyone work for chubb and can confirm that?

Havent touched Windsor but other Guardall stuff and at least those are available as "UK" and "CHUBB" versions.

What comes to CHUBB versions of the panels i have no clue.

Half correct.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Well you got some of it right ;)

Maybe the wrong place to ask that type of question :hmm:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Gerry, like Adi said we're not allowed to openly give out engineering/ installer manuals, user manuals are generally okay as they normally do not contain information on how to "compromise" the system by showing the user how to reset the alarm to factory default settings, get in to the programming side of the alarm and thus be able to program alarm zones in / out and change the type of zone it is etc.

This has been done to death in here previously, that's why Adi quoted from the "Site Rules" which we all must adhere to in order to post here.

After all how would you like it, since this a public forum that a link to the engineering manual you've asked for was posted and someone near you downloaded it, found out how to bypass the system and you come home to an empty house and your codes no longer work..

That is one very good reason for not posting direct links to the such manuals.

Fair point. I accept my error. Just put it down to me being a newbie!

• 1 year later...
I've got the manuals for the guardall windsor 500. send me your e-mail and i get them to you.

Would you be able to email me the windsor CA500 engineer manual please, as i am adding conq's and am not sure how to do it. thanks, kev. ************

Please read the forum rules. This site does not provide engineer manuals.

Archived