Security Installer Community

AJ600N Reset

Guest Charlotte Hartley

One day courses anywhere doesn't cover enough i bet.

But putting installers to fix their own mistakes at their own time saves money and forces installers to really do proper job and ask if there is something they don't know.

True competance can not ever be proved by a qualification paper.

44947[/snapback]

Bloody hell Georg - thats the most sense Ive heard you talk yet :whistle:

8hrs old coffee. cold.

Is that because of the electrics?

"Few years in the trade fixing all your mistakes at your own time..

(for survival you must learn quickly..)"

:roflmao:

COLD - what else in coldshire - even your saunas are in the negative degrees scaleĀ  :roflmao:

44953[/snapback]

i dunno about the negative degrees in saunas but once i was called terrorist while putting more and more water on the stones :lol:

• 4 months later...
Guest Chris.Hudson

My AJ600N A1 alarm has failed and I was reading this correspondence with interest. The failure is that the transformer has burned out. I have read with interest that a failing battery will draw too much current which could explain why the transformer burnt out. I do not know what voltage the transformer gives out (yes I know I can count the windings but this is such a fag). Does anyone out there know what the secondary ac voltage should be? I tried a 10v rms transformer, but after a few seconds with all the lights on (when I guess the microprocessor is resetting itself), the alarm goes off with only the power light on and i cannot stop it. My guess is that 10v is too low. Can anyone help?

Thankyou

Chris

To agree with the others, sparky boy should be able to sort the old system without selling you a new one. If he's a spark you dabbles in alarms I'd be concerned, get 3 quotes at least.... as an electrical engineer and an alarm engineer I hold no bias at to like or dislike your spark, however he might not be the best man for the job... If you post your location I'm sure someone will be able to give you an idea of what they would personally charge to sort out your system or install a new one depending on your requirements.... afterall it's you choice!! :yes:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived