Security Installer Community

AJ600N Reset

Guest Charlotte Hartley

Guest Charlotte Hartley

I've had a new light fitting installed but when the electrician switched off the electricity my Advantage AJ600N alarm went off (and the red 'PA' light is contantly on) and we can't reset it. I don't have a manual but I have a reference sheet. We've tried to enter the current user code and the engineer code without any success. The electrician's disconnected the alarm on the panel and the bell in the outside box. He's advised me to purchase a new system which he will install.

I've searched the internet and this site for advice and it seems that my alarm isn't a good system. Should I follow the electrician's advice or is there any way I could reset the system myself?

Please help!

Thank you

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should I follow the electrician's advice or is there any way I could reset the system myself?

Please help!

Thank you

44816[/snapback]

Yes an NO !!

I don't know the panel, but sounds it could be the time to change it or at least service it.

NO, DO NOT let sparkies touch your alarm system. Alarms are MUCH MORE than only installing the panel, cabling and detectors. That is only the start. There is much more after that like how to make the panel up and running as it should and have to run, servicing, maybe alarm transmission to somewhere, etc.

edit:

Maybe you tell us your location so some of us could maybe quote you.

Your system needs a new battery and I would reccomend that the system is checked over by a security engineer. Yes the system isn't the best but if it does what you need then why change it.

NO, DO NOT let sparkies touch your alarm system. Alarms are MUCH MORE than only installing the panel, cabling and detectors

Don't let Alarm Engineers fit fused spurs!! theres a lot more to it than simply fitting a spur ;)

Seriously though if the sparky did know what he was doing, he wouldn't need to sell you a new system. If you do deciede on a new system get several quotes not just the one from the Sparky.

Post your location one of the guys will be able to help out.

Unless the engineer has a certificate to say he is competant of course.

Would that be from one of these One day courses Pete?

The ones that dont generally tell you anything other than how to fit the spur and test it. Nothing about the regulations and nothing about how check the existing installation, if it is safe to do so etc etc.

Yet to see a good one day course that can actually cover all the issues that need to covered in order to claim true competance.

Anyone else know of a good course training alarm techs in basic electrical skills neccessary for the job they do.

Colin.

Anyone else know of a good course tarining alarm techs in basic electrical skills neccessary for the job they do.

Colin.

44927[/snapback]

Few years in the trade fixing all your mistakes at your own time..

(for survival you must learn quickly..)

:w00t:

44934[/snapback]

Not good enough Georg, in the uk you must be competant and be able to prove it, my point is that the one day courses in the UK dont cover enough about electrics in general to prove TRUE Competance.

Colin.

44934[/snapback]

Ill have a pint of what youve been drinking georg please :blink:

Not good enough Georg, in the uk you must be competant and be able to prove it, my point is that the one day courses in the UK dont cover enough about electrics in general to prove TRUE Competance.

Colin.

44938[/snapback]

One day courses anywhere doesn't cover enough i bet.

But putting installers to fix their own mistakes at their own time saves money and forces installers to really do proper job and ask if there is something they don't know.

True competance can not ever be proved by a qualification paper.

Archived