Security Installer Community

DM ECO4 and ADSL Router

breff

This has sort of been covered before but...........

Im due to connect a Dedicated Micros ECO4 to an ADSL connection to be remote viewed over the internet.

A static IP address has already been arranged, I know an ADSL router will be needed (Netgear has been advised), and I know that some sort of IP forwarding will need to be set up in the router.

The DM will be the only thing connected to the router (except laptop at initial set up) so I assume I will just set the WAN IP to be forwarded to the DMs LAN IP?

Any advice/info will be much appreciated.

Glenn

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

This has sort of been covered before but...........

Im due to connect a Dedicated Micros ECO4 to an ADSL connection to be remote viewed over the internet.

A static IP address has already been arranged, I know an ADSL router will be needed (Netgear has been advised), and I know that some sort of IP forwarding will need to be set up in the router.

The DM will be the only thing connected to the router (except laptop at initial set up) so I assume I will just set the WAN IP to be forwarded to the DMs LAN IP?

Any advice/info will be much appreciated.

Glenn

44283[/snapback]

I would recommend if possible to set up the forwarding Port to something other than 80, port 80 is always used for http servers, now, does this unit have an internal web server or does the unit need remote client software to view.

It should be something along the lines of public ip/wan address forwards all traffic on port say 8080 to an internal address of 192.168.1.1:8080

So if you put in 66.102.11.99:8080 it would forward all that info to 192.168.1.1:8080.

If you setup the port as port 80 you would only need to put in 66.102.11.99 and it would forward to port 80 as default in internet explorer.

Do hope this makes sense, I have not used that DVR unit but I can help you on the networking side no problems.

Thanks Spud,

I emailed DM last night and they have kindly sent me detailed instructions on how to set up with a Netgear 384,

If anyone else needs the info I'll Email it to you.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived