Security Installer Community

Which PIR is best to avoid Mice

Guest alim

Just a quick question guys....

Which PIR would you recommend as an upgrade from the Texecom Reflex, my alarms keeps going off during the day (different zones, primarily downstairs).

I have considered the Texecom QD range to minimise false alarms from my friendly pet problem.....I have mice in the house (obviously too cold outside!)

So, If I purchase the QD, will this stop the false alarms??

Before you ask, the alarm was recently serviced and has a dialer.

Already tried ommitting various zones.

Alarm(veritas R8plus)/PIR's are 5 years old.

I am also considering upgrading the alarm panel to the Prem24 in the summer (good idea?)

I'm considering purchasing 8 new PIR's - can anyone recommend a good website?

Any help apprecaited.

Al

Guest securityconsultant

As far as mouse proof if its a real problem invest in some K980 not the best at detection rates but will solve yourproblem

with regards to the prem 24 its just a big v8 with text and not much more flexabilaty

If you want functionalaty you need to go for the prem 48 and up

As far as mouse proof if its a real problem invest in some K980 not the best at detection rates but will solve yourproblem

with regards to the prem 24 its just a big v8 with text and not much more flexabilaty

If you want functionalaty you need to go for the prem 48 and up

43110[/snapback]

Hi

Who make the K980 PIR and can you recommend an online reseller?

Your help is appreciated.

Al

I very much doubt that mice are the cause of your false alarms in terms of them activating the sensors. Chewing the cables, maybe!

I would suggest you have the system checked out properly before you buy any kit as you could well be wasting money buying new sensors.

Guest RICHL
I very much doubt that mice are the cause of your false alarms in terms of them activating the sensors. Chewing the cables, maybe!

I would suggest you have the system checked out properly before you buy any kit as you could well be wasting money buying new sensors.

43119[/snapback]

I agree.

Also, ifs your false alarms are one multiple zones then its more likely to be induced A/C causing the problem, or general lack of quality in the installation (position of sensors etc).

I'd also be inclined to look out for a good quality cat.

:new_rofl: Class Bri :w00t:

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

43119[/snapback]

I agree with Ian and Peter on this.

Mice should not cause a Reflex to alarm unless they were crawling pretty much over the face of it. If mice have chewed through the cables then, as Ian says, replacing the PIRs won't help.

The Prestige QD does give improved immunity against rodents, but really this is referring to rats - I assume you would have noticed them!

It sounds like you do need to get the problem looked into by your installer to try to find out what is causing the false alarms.

Mark

Archived