Security Installer Community

New bell box to A1 AJ600N

Guest chriscalcite

Guest chriscalcite

My house has a A1 AJ600N installed, which I think was a DIY kit from B&Q? It's worked perfectly for 2-3 years now, but last week when I ran a test there was no response from the bell box (no strobe, no siren). The panel triggers normally and shows the correct zone breached and the wiring at the panel end looks OK.

My first thought was replace the bell box - I always missed the LEDs I had on my previous system - so to that end I have got hold of a Texecom Odyssey 1E. Now on comparing the AJ600N manual with the bell box manual I confess I'm a bit stumped. The bell box manual's fine, but the AJ600N is a bit "connect the green wire to terminal 20" with no real explanation of what the terminals do. Does anyone know how to deciepher what the following six terminals do, and how they might relate to a 'real' alarm system?

AJ6100N -> bell box

Green --- SCB 0

Red ------ bell +

Black ---- bell -

White ---- SCB Rt

Blue ------ Strobe +

Yellow --- Strobe -

Odyssey 1E

A (12V) Permanent +ve supply

B (Bell) -ve applied output to activate siren

C (Tamp) -ve removed on tamper input

D (0V) Pernament -ve supply

S (STRB) -ve applied output to activate strobe

Anyone care to explain how they might be tied together? Or should I just give up and buy a new control panel too? :-)

AJ6100N -> bell box

Green --- SCB 0D

Red ------ bell +A

Black ----  bell -B

White ---- SCB RtC

Blue ------ Strobe +Leave spare

Yellow --- Strobe -S

Odyssey 1E

A  (12V)  Permanent +ve supply

B  (Bell)    -ve applied output to activate siren

C  (Tamp)  -ve removed on tamper input

D  (0V)    Pernament -ve supply

S (STRB)  -ve applied output to activate strobe

Anyone care to explain how they might be tied together? Or should I just give up and buy a new control panel too? :-)

40671[/snapback]

Yes it would be a good time to get a new more up to date control.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I agree with Normans convertion, and dont forget to relocate the 'Pos' lead from the battery in the Odyssey unit to Batt +, as it's usually 'parked' in a spare terminal during transit... :)

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

Guest chriscalcite

What can I say guys? I went up the ladder this morning, an hour or two of faffing about up there and everything is working 100% with the new bell box :D

Still got the same panel for now, but I shall replace that in the not too distant future for one with an RKP by the front door. At least I don't have to go 20' up a ladder for that!

So thank you very much indeed. I would have been ages trying to figure it out by myself. Your wiring diagram saved me a LOT of pain!

cheers,

Chris

Archived